Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2012, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Default SLI BF3 Lag?

Does SLI cause lag in BF3? I'm using an AMD 8150 @3.7GHz with 4GB of RAM(Is this a possible cause of lag?) with 2 ASUS 550Ti's in SLI on an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, I have enough watts to power all of these. But BF3 stutters so much, it's unbearable, I can play for a while then it gets worse and worse, happens every game. The case is an NZXT Phantom 410, so ventilation and heat isn't the problem. I can play every other game without this stuttering problem. I've downloaded the latest BETA drivers and this still doesn't help. I've heard if you turn off hyperthreading it fixes it, but AMD chips don't have this feature, do they have something else thats like hyperthreading? And if it's not this, what's the problem? the RAM? I know the GPU's aren't the problem because the game lags on lowest.. So, any idea what the problem is?
Old January 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Do you just have the problem playing multiplayer or is it present during the campaign? Possibly you have shitty network connections causing the stutter, if you have no problems with any other software.
Old January 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Micro stutters, you have to turn off SLI and hope nvidia addresses it.