Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2012, 01:33 PM
Rookie

Default How would I wire a latching vandel swich to...

First of I am new to the sight I have been a loyal follower of the reviews and such but the first time I needed to post a question.

I would like to use a latching vandal switch to control 2X blue led's as well as the LED's on my fan for my upcoming build The problem I have is that I don't know how I would wire it all up. I did a search online and ended up just making my self more confused the I already was.

This is what I would like to run from/off the switch
2X
Koolance dual ultra bright LED's with a single 4-pin Molex connector
1X
BitFenix Spectre LED Fan 230mm (the fan has a little wire with it to wire up the LED's separately)

Does anyone know how I would wire all that up?
Thanks
Old January 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
Rookie

Here is a link to the switch I would like to be able to use (couldent put it all under the one post I kept getting an error message)

Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch 16mm Black - White Ring Products Model: VSW16-BK-RING-WT [VSW16-BK-RING-WT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old January 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Bitspower X-STATION POWER-EXTENSION I - Male Version 4PIN Molex to Power Distribution Board - Green - Bitspower - BP10500

Wire the switch upto one of these.
Old January 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
Rookie

Thanks but hooking the fan switch to that would blow the led's the fan connector appears to just be a on/of not meant to carry voltage based on the fact if you jump it out the lights come on.

Old January 22, 2012, 08:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Wiring the bitfenix fan LEDs with the powered koolance LEDs might blow the ones in the fan since they have power from the fan motor pcb. I recommend getting 2 relays 1 for the powered LEDs and 1 for the fan LEDs. The relays should have 4 connectors on them 2 for turning the relay on and off and then 2 for the actual switch part. Wire both the relay power connections together so you have 1 positive and one negative connection to turn on the relays and wire that to your main switch. Next wire one of the relays in series with the powered koolance LEDs then wire the bitfenix up with the other relay and you're done.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.