Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2012, 05:54 AM
MVP

Default Need help with extended monitors,please.

Stuff involved win 7 64, ati 11.12 drivers, ati 6670, 4' vga cable to main desktop 18.5" res lcd 13xx x 7xx, 25' hdmi cable to lcd tv 1920 x 1080 tv is in other room and can't be physicly seen while sitting at the main computer desktop.

The problem, set to extended desk top, the tv (tv in other room) becomes the main display with all the icons, start menu, everthing. The 18.5" that is at the computer desk becomes an empty desk top. How can I reverse it?

I've got it set to duplicate for now but I would like to set it up to extended and get the main desktop to default onto the 18.5" lcd and have the tv as extention at 1920x1080 native res.
Old January 8, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

i see ATI/AMD are not on the ball with Eye Infinity i guess is another failure on thier part

after searching thier site all i got was bling of Eye Infinity no info of how to acieve just only pictures of configurations

use a dvi to hdmi adapter for large screen with your 25' cable

would have to play with ATI software to manage your moniters

Note: the closest dvi port to motherboard is the primary port (single card for multi-cards CPU)

Last edited by KaptCrunch; January 8, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old January 8, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hello fellow sunshine coast resident I will get u going this afternoon when I'm home if u still need help Pm me
Old January 8, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
i see ATI/AMD are not on the ball with Eye Infinity i guess is another failure on thier part

after searching thier site all i got was bling of Eye Infinity no info of how to acieve just only pictures of configurations

use a dvi to hdmi adapter for large screen with your 25' cable

would have to play with ATI software to manage your moniters

Note: the closest dvi port to motherboard is the primary port (single card for multi-cards CPU)
Has absolutely nothing to do with eyefintiy, eyefinty while able to run on 2 monitor would then split the display between the 2 monitors, I dont think he is looking for having half the displayed image in the other room.

OP all you need to do is go into display properties, left click the desktop/screen resolution/ click the make this main display on the 18.5.
This will make the 18.5 now the main display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 12, 2012, 01:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What super said for making displays default respectively. How do you plan to manipulate the display in the other room if you can't see it? Easiest thing to do is duplicate but then you run into the resolution problem right? I know it's possible to just kinda guess and run back and forth but what a monster pain in the ass. It's gonna be easier to purchase a similar resolution display and duplicate to play movies etc.

Option number 2 is a boxee box or a laptop that can run the software (software is free) Simply network your movies over the TV.
Right click on the destop anywhere. Screen resolution / choose your display and set defaults.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 12, 2012, 04:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Actually it just sort of sounds like the computer is making the TV the default monitor/display (at least how I'm reading it).

To change the default display:
Open Catalyst Control Center
Open the Common Display Tasks tab
Click on the Set Main Desktop and change the default to your other screen (the 18.5" one)
Old January 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Has absolutely nothing to do with eyefintiy, eyefinty while able to run on 2 monitor would then split the display between the 2 monitors, I dont think he is looking for having half the displayed image in the other room.

OP all you need to do is go into display properties, left click the desktop/screen resolution/ click the make this main display on the 18.5.
This will make the 18.5 now the main display.
just getting facts straight from OP thats that was hinting software switch
Old January 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
just getting facts straight from OP thats that was hinting software switch
Ha Capt you should know me buy now I mean no offence as I have stated many time sometimes I come off wrong tis the net. Not meant to.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

lol nice sig...... np