Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1, 2012, 06:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default battlefield BSOD's

so about 2 weeks ago i was playing b2k dlc and after about a 2-3 hour series of games i got a blue screen at first i thought i just over heated some thing and now that i have my new case and cpu cooler i still get them i cant even finish a damn game . ive tried all the fixes that i used for bc2 like uninstalling afterburner and fraps still happened, reverted back to 11.11 ccc drivers, lowered all my overclocks and voltages,disabling my audio chipset in the bios, and ive done furmark, prime 95, y-cruncher and mem test x86 all are stable so can anyone help me with this cause i cant play my dang game and if it is the same issue from bc2 would a simple sound card like this Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card fix it?
Old January 1, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The issue from BC2 (that is still around in BF3) is a conflict with realtek and punkbuster, sometimes. However I don't ever remember hearing about a BSOD, only the computer freezing with a loud buzzing.

Some things to try.
1. Remove your overclock completely, go 100% stock.
2. Try single player on bf3
3. Try a different game and see if it'll happen
4. Repair the game on origin
Old January 1, 2012, 07:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't had a problem with battlefield since I grabbed a USB headset, it uses an onboard sound card.
Old January 1, 2012, 09:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
I haven't had a problem with battlefield since I grabbed a USB headset, it uses an onboard sound card.
which one was it? ive been looking for a head set anyways so it wouldnt be a big deal to go grab one.

would something like these work? Newegg.com - Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset

Last edited by techman95; January 1, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old January 1, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anything USB will be fine. Corsair has a good one as does Logitech (G35). However I don't think that's your problem. Easy way to test is disable your audio in the device manager or bios, or play in single player.
Old January 2, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

game maker needs to up grade to 64bit logic

most sound problems is due to 64bit OS for game aren't keeping settings for sound, have set sound stereo every time start you game
Old January 2, 2012, 10:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I use plantronics gamecom headsets and always have after buying a cheaper logitech set and having it die after a weeks use.
Old January 2, 2012, 03:13 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

well i was looking in my device manger and saw that both the realtek and AMD audio driver were enabled. could this be an issue or at least one that is causing this?
Old January 2, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

AMD audio driver is for HDMI port on GPU

look in add/remove programs for catalyst pick repair or uninstall and reinstall this time no select HDMI audio

Old January 2, 2012, 04:16 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

so i uninstalled my AMD audio driver and managed to get through a game of 64 player conquest with out a problem. ill post back and tell yall if it really was my issue