Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Maximus Gene-Z On-Board Sound - No 5.1?

I've had a Razer Barracuda headset and it was working just fine for quite a while. Recently, I replaced my old SSDs with a new one, which also involved reinstalling Windows. Now I've set everything up and installed all the drivers, but my on-board Realtek X-Fi MB2 adaptor is only detecting the side speakers, while the front and sub-woofer are not getting anything. So either my on-board is shot, my headphones are shot or the drivers aren't getting the job done. I'm inclined to go with option 3, but I'm wondering what I should try. I've already reinstalled the drivers and had no luck.

EDIT: Found a way to get it through the settings in Windows, but still no sub-woofer on my headphones.

Last edited by zlojack; December 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old December 26, 2011, 11:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Probably the board, had two of these things in my hands within the last week, both couldn't even post or see bios, nothing just post error beeps (code34) tried all kinds of problem solving (7 hours worth to be exact) and it came down to bad 2500k (wasn't tried a 2600k and still same stuff) or motherboard. I have owned and bought some of the cheapest mobo's on the market and never had any failures, let alone two $250 motherboards arrive DOA. So either newegg was playing soccer with both before shipping, or ASUS needs to do a little more quality control on their high end super expensive product.
Old December 26, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

check to see if sub port working with speak setup using a spare set of powerd stereo spks