Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am up to 86 hours no power no heat but tomorrow oh tomorrow I should be up, Always taking new RMA requests or even people who just need one on one help.

Thanks as always HWC team:)
Soul

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old March 15, 2012, 06:06 PM
Top Prospect

Asus RMA is giving me problem. :(

My 7970 in the 4th slot started artifacting like crazy 3 days ago, so I had to take it out, since they did accept the RMA. I was reeeaaally careful, and without applying any pressure, the cheap PCIe plastic latch exploded in pieces. Now that PCIe slot is not working anymore. Probably the mobo that broke the GPU, or the opposite. I don't know. I change/sell my GPUs so often, and never had any problems with those latch...

But Asus are refusing the mobo RMA since ''physical damage = you're screwed'' for them. 50 cents cheap plastic latch broken = we can't help you. You have to pay for repairs. Sorry dude. You're screwed.

Top-of-the-line ROG motherboard. My first Rampage IV caught on fire after 10 minutes and burned a 3930k with it. And now the 2nd one had a bad/weak 50 cents plastic latch on the 4th PCIe slot, but they are using this to refuse my RMA.

500$ mobo broken, 3 months old. No RMA because of a cheap 50 cents latch that was weak and broke in pieces. Not a broken capacitor! A stupid plastic latch...

Here's the info:

-Asus Rampage IV Extreme
-SN: BBM0AC058252
-Case ID = WTM20120315529321467
Old April 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Trial Member

Hi, another person having problems with an ASUS RMA.

I have an ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard that I have been using for a little over two years.

It was originally purchased on Newegg on 3/30/2012 (Invoice #58813518, Order #97965162) and yesterday, while using my computer as usual, I began to smell smoke and looked at my case to find a buildup of smoke inside. I turned off the computer and unplugged it from the outlet. After waiting for the smoke and burnt electronics smell to dissipate, I opened up my computer case to find that part of the motherboard had burned off and that there was exposed copper.

I filled out the RMA form online only to find out that this motherboard was not covered under ASUS Premium Service (APS) when it was explicitly stated to be when I had first purchased the item so I would not be able to cross-ship and instead would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a regular RMA to work out (my friend's recent RMA with ASUS over a motherboard took a month) which was not acceptable. I called ASUS at 1-812-282-2787 and was informed by the first person I spoke with that:

1) This motherboard was never covered by APS at any time. (Lie #1)
2) The damage to my motherboard (where it spontaneously burned) was considered physical damage and as such I would not be able to RMA it.

I asked to speak to a manager and he told me that he did not have a manager and therefore I could not speak to one (Lie #2). After that, I demanded to speak to his manager because it seemed very unlikely that there was nobody higher than him to talk to and he said that his manager (which supposedly did not exist) would just tell me the same thing. After getting him to finally transfer me to somebody else (who may or may not be a manager), that person reiterated that my motherboard spontaneously burning is considered physical damage and that they would not be able to RMA it. He also said that if I really wanted to, I could send it in anyway for them to inspect but the likely result is that I would have to pay for repairs and the process would take as long as a normal RMA (unacceptable on both counts).

If you could help me with this, that would be great. If not, that's fine. Either way this is likely to be my last ASUS product ever as their customer service is abysmal.

Service Case No.: NA1791559
Product Type: Motherboard
Product Model: ASUS P6X58D Premium
Serial No: A3M0AC273482
Problem (as described on my online RMA request form): Was on the computer as usual when I picked up the smell of smoke. Looked at my computer case and noticed a buildup of smoke inside. Turned off computer. After waiting for the smoke and smell to clear up, inspected everything inside the case and confirmed that smoke came from the motherboard. Copper exposure was discovered near white PCIe expansion slot.
Old April 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You have been PMed let me get this resolved for you :)

Old April 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

New rule if you only want my help with a RMA so you can turn around and sell it please tell me in your notes, I am not willing to get people upgraded parts to just turn around and sell, I though have no issue helping you to get the item you have replaced with the same item to resell.

Just have seen a few people I helped and went out of my way to get upgraded parts turn around and sell said part within a week, that's not fair to myself or to the RMA teams that have gone out of their way to upgrade people for free I might add :P.

Thanks for the understanding and keep the issues coming

Old April 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Product: Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard
Issue: Does Not Post
In or Out of RMA Period: Out
Place of Purchase: NCIX
Serial #: 88MCAI050255
Part #: 90-MIB5Q0-G0AAY00Z
Is Your Item already being RMAed? No
If out of Warranty what help do you need? Possible Repair
Time Frame: No Rush

Youtube Link to issue: Asus REX - No Post - YouTube
Old April 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Souls been slammed with the PM's and Emails the last few days please Give me till Monday to catch up, If you msg me for help I will reply but might not be able to fwd it to the needed sources till then.

Very Sorry..Time to go game and have a break hope you all understand

Old May 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Real good guy.

Well, I had a few small problems with a motherboard and Soullessone21 is helping me get a replacement

Cheers,
EG

EDIT - Got my new motherboard today with a surprise ;) Thank you Soullessone21 for the help and the sweet cool new motherboard. He has been great with the whole process, he really does want to help people!

This experience and his help really has influenced my purchases towards ASUS knowing there's a great guy here to go beyond the normal RMA service and give you a real helping hand!

Last edited by ExpendableG4M3R; June 5, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Updated for Motherboard
Old June 5, 2012, 09:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
This experience and his help really has influenced my purchases towards ASUS knowing there's a great guy here to go beyond the normal RMA service and give you a real helping hand!
I agree. Soulfilledone helped me RMA two ASUS P67 boards. I will look to buy only ASUS when possible because of him. Sadly I had to buy a Gigabyte 670 :( as NCIX had no ASUS cards in stock at the time.
Old June 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mushkin

I have 24 GB of mushkin ram to RMA

any feedback on hoy they are on rma ?

One stick 4 GB is still good out of six :(