Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Lost

well first off the system im running is whats listed in my spec minus the 500gig hdd and is now windows 7 x64.not the best but always worked great for me.i was running bf3,black ops,crysis 2 etc perfect.Then my system crashed,it would stay on for a few mins then shut off.(i had a post here about earlier)Anyway it came down to what i thought was a capacitor on my mobo so i sent it off rma. So while i waited i just stuck my psu and vid card in my other system and continued on lower settings:( but worked fine for the few weeks i had to wait. So i know my psu and vid card are good. Well i got back my mobo and put it in my system did a reformat.Everything seemed fine. But when i installed bf3 and black ops i can't play either of em,its super sketch city. So i ran memtest on my ram did 4 passes on each to be sure and they were all fine,and then ran prime all night and everything was fine no errors,i know my psu and vid card are good cause they work fine when i put em on my other pc. I have tried bf3,black ops,cod4,l4d2,tf2,nfs the run all games i ran perfectly before and now can't run any. Is there anything else i should be checking,im lost i needs me my bf3 fix
Old December 1, 2011, 02:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
well first off the system im running is whats listed in my spec minus the 500gig hdd and is now windows 7 x64.not the best but always worked great for me.i was running bf3,black ops,crysis 2 etc perfect.Then my system crashed,it would stay on for a few mins then shut off.(i had a post here about earlier)Anyway it came down to what i thought was a capacitor on my mobo so i sent it off rma. So while i waited i just stuck my psu and vid card in my other system and continued on lower settings:( but worked fine for the few weeks i had to wait. So i know my psu and vid card are good. Well i got back my mobo and put it in my system did a reformat.Everything seemed fine. But when i installed bf3 and black ops i can't play either of em,its super sketch city. So i ran memtest on my ram did 4 passes on each to be sure and they were all fine,and then ran prime all night and everything was fine no errors,i know my psu and vid card are good cause they work fine when i put em on my other pc. I have tried bf3,black ops,cod4,l4d2,tf2,nfs the run all games i ran perfectly before and now can't run any. Is there anything else i should be checking,im lost i needs me my bf3 fix
anything else to describe the symptoms other than "super sketchy city".. :S whats the actual specs? can u list them?
Old December 1, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

super sketch city as in take a step and my gun disappears or take 2 steps freeze and be 20 feet away lol like playing in super slo mo just completely unplayable in anything i try
Old December 1, 2011, 02:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
super sketch city as in take a step and my gun disappears or take 2 steps freeze and be 20 feet away lol like playing in super slo mo just completely unplayable in anything i try
i suggest doing a complete clean of your video card drivers and downloading the newest from amd/nvidia. Honestly to me sounds like a video card issue.
Old December 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

video card is what i thought and what others keep saying but if i put it in my other system i was able to play...granted with a spike here or there but i just put that off as it was a lower end system...its a clean reformat so when i installed the driver it was a clean install...maybe just rma my card just to be sure
Old December 1, 2011, 02:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Have you downloaded the latest nVidia drivers anyways and clicked the 'clean install' option?
Fold for team #54196
Old December 1, 2011, 02:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
video card is what i thought and what others keep saying but if i put it in my other system i was able to play...granted with a spike here or there but i just put that off as it was a lower end system...its a clean reformat so when i installed the driver it was a clean install...maybe just rma my card just to be sure

i dont think RMA is the solution, and to be honest, a waste of time, as since you said, it works fine in another system...

uninstall all video drivers, delete and references of the amd folder, download the newest and install...try dropping the graphic settings a bit, and let us know from there...
Old December 1, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i tried everything on lowest settings with same results...i'll do another clean install like u said and try again..i also have another card here i can try but how good is a 512mb 3870 gonna really run bf3 lol...will let u know thanx
Old December 1, 2011, 02:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
i tried everything on lowest settings with same results...i'll do another clean install like u said and try again..i also have another card here i can try but how good is a 512mb 3870 gonna really run bf3 lol...will let u know thanx
the fact alone that your card runs fine on another pc, is enough to tell me anyways, that its not the card,or atleast VERY unlikely!, your total system specs would deinatly help, including any OC, i did look at the specs on your profile, but would like you to elaborate on them any ocing involved, volts? temps, etc....i honestly think its driver related, hopefully you prove me wrong.
Old December 1, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

there is no ocing done at all everything is running stock