Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2011, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Default New build pc trouble shooting

Okay the problem i have is with my motherboard and my psu. My motherboard has an input for 8 pin connector and the holes is basicly either a square or a square with 2 rounded edges. now the trouble i have it that the psu doesnt have one 8 pin or 6+2 pin etc that fits in my 8 pin. This is what i need for my psu Omdirigeringsmeddelande

None of those is like that on my psu. And my psu got a ponytail. Is there any adapters that has this in one end and a input for a different 8 pin holes in the other?

My mobo: Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

My psu: Komplett.se - Corsair TX750M 750W PSU

Need help asap.
Old December 1, 2011, 03:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by talpyka96 View Post
Okay the problem i have is with my motherboard and my psu. My motherboard has an input for 8 pin connector and the holes is basicly either a square or a square with 2 rounded edges. now the trouble i have it that the psu doesnt have one 8 pin or 6+2 pin etc that fits in my 8 pin. This is what i need for my psu Omdirigeringsmeddelande

None of those is like that on my psu. And my psu got a ponytail. Is there any adapters that has this in one end and a input for a different 8 pin holes in the other?

My mobo: Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

My psu: Komplett.se - Corsair TX750M 750W PSU

Need help asap.
i didnt look too much into it, but these are all standard connections, with your new style psu and mobo, they must have the connections, im not being rude, but look a bit harder...
Old December 1, 2011, 03:21 PM
Rookie

All the other connectors i think is on the mobo now except the 8 pin and there is 4 different ones on the psu and none of em is like the one on the picture i linked in the first post. and yes i have checked that 3 times already to be fully sure and nope it does not fit.
Old December 1, 2011, 03:24 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

The EPS 12V 8-pins connector for the board is found on the PSU as the 4+4 pins connector.

edit: second connector from the left. (pic from Jonny Guru).

Old December 1, 2011, 03:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
The EPS 12V 8-pins connector for the board is found on the PSU as the 4+4 pins connector.

edit: second connector from the left. (pic from Jonny Guru).

Ohh it goes in to the 8 pin slot even if it doesnt has the same shapes on those. there is only 2 squares on the 8 pin and 4 on where it were going in however those 2 squares were placed so it can get in while all other were with rounded edges and could fit in on the other squares aswell as the one that also is with rounded edges (i know that what i said isnt understandable) has yet to try to power it up and hope for it not to fry my mobo. lol. will post here later if my computer works or not. also thanks :)
Old December 1, 2011, 03:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by talpyka96 View Post
Ohh it goes in to the 8 pin slot even if it doesnt has the same shapes on those. there is only 2 squares on the 8 pin and 4 on where it were going in however those 2 squares were placed so it can get in while all other were with rounded edges and could fit in on the other squares aswell as the one that also is with rounded edges (i know that what i said isnt understandable) has yet to try to power it up and hope for it not to fry my mobo. lol. will post here later if my computer works or not. also thanks :)
spu's and connectors are pretty well idiot proff, if it dont fit, it wont work, and 99% of the time, if it fits (without forcing or taking a knife to it) then it will work.
Old December 1, 2011, 03:58 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Ok. Before you fry anything, it's time you take some pics of the board connectors you are trying to figure out. We'll use the pic I linked to tell you which connector goes where. All connectors have the matching shapes on the receiving end and fit perfectly.
Old December 1, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Ok. Before you fry anything, it's time you take some pics of the board connectors you are trying to figure out. We'll use the pic I linked to tell you which connector goes where. All connectors have the matching shapes on the receiving end and fit perfectly.
not true on the PCI-E and EPS-12 for pci-e will fit MB power

pay close attention to wire colours or use a multi-meter to check power is where

Old December 1, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

most power supplies have 2x 4 pin power connectors for the motherboard. Don't u just use both of them??
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 2, 2011, 01:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
not true on the PCI-E and EPS-12 for pci-e will fit MB power

pay close attention to wire colours or use a multi-meter to check power is where

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
most power supplies have 2x 4 pin power connectors for the motherboard. Don't u just use both of them??
90% of PSU's do a 4x4 split for the 12v, pcie would be a 6x2 split connector.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton