Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2011, 11:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default BF3 issue

So I upgraded some parts (I went to a Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z, Corsair H-80 cooler and 2GB 6950)

Reinstalled windows and loaded up BF3 on origin only to find this:

after I push OK, it tries to run the game without success with an EA error window telling me to re-install, which I've tried several times..

Has anyone encountered this and give me some feedback? It is severely annoying...

EDIT: I've also tried to replace that .dll several times...nothing...
Old November 16, 2011, 01:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I read something about this. Some how you can do a verify files thing through origin. You might also have to not only re-install the game but redownload the entire installer. There was a version of the installer that did this at the begining.
Old November 16, 2011, 06:52 AM
Rookie

I believe this is a DirectX issue. I would go to Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX End-User Runtime and download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Afterwards, run it and let it download any DirectX updates you might need. Also, does BF3 have any updates or patches that could be applied? Good luck.
Old November 16, 2011, 06:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
I read something about this. Some how you can do a verify files thing through origin. You might also have to not only re-install the game but redownload the entire installer. There was a version of the installer that did this at the begining.
I believe you are thinking of the System File Checker. This website describes it's use : What is the System File Checker, and how do I run it? . Note that if any of your system files are found to have issues you will need your Windows install CD (or DVD) to replace them with original versions.
Old November 16, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'rash View Post
I believe you are thinking of the System File Checker. This website describes it's use : What is the System File Checker, and how do I run it? . Note that if any of your system files are found to have issues you will need your Windows install CD (or DVD) to replace them with original versions.
Nope. It's like steam's verify game cache. It checks the game for missing and corrupt files. Like I said before. There was a version of the installer that was complete crap and had to be replaced.
Old November 16, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd reinstall DirectX like suggested above
Old November 16, 2011, 09:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

directx is up to date, Origin and BF3 are both patched and updated.. still same effect. I had to leave to go to work so I uninstalled BF3 again and started downloading the installer from Origin. Other than that, I'm pretty close to just formatting the whole box because I did a couple BSOD's (figured out it was due to memory) during gfx card driver installation so that could of corrupted Direct X.
Old November 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

resolved: Just bit the bullet and did a fresh install. Everything is back up and operational! Thanks for everyone's advice