Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rookie

Damn...thanks for all your help, you dudes. No way am I going to be able to do anything with the router tonight; perhaps later this weekend. Should have mentioned this earlier, but does the fact that that she's using a Mac make any difference (the dude at the previous address was using XP)?

Thanks again!

DS
Old November 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Operating System "Shouldn't" make a difference.
Unfortunately I am not an expert on wireless networking, so if the other things I mentioned don't work I am not sure if I can assist more. Hopefully someone can chime in with an easy fix that I missed. Otherwise hopefully you can figure it out (really think it has to do with a router / modem reset)
Old November 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

You could also try disabling your network adapter and then re-enabling it... This sometimes helps clear connection issues to the router.
Old November 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
Rookie

Thanks again, Jonesy. You're probably right. Inexplicably, I'm now able to pull up HWC with my PC again. But only this, and the PB.

Enjoy the Kokanee!

DS
Old November 11, 2011, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Thanks, Boggtrotter; I've disconnected and re-connected the f^&#!!ing thing several times now, to no effect.

DS
Old November 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Simpson View Post
Enjoy the Kokanee!
DS
I always do =) I am the only person that drinks it at my college...They also make sure to keep it stocked for me most certainly an off topic post..
In my CCNA / CCNP classes I learned so little about wireless beyond setting up access points. Kind of silly considering the world is becoming unplugged..if you don't pay for internet there isn't much you can do...if you do, be sure to ask if the landlord/anyone else on the same connection is having issues too