Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Trial Member

Default Sound Card Issues

I had a realtek onboard audio device with my Asus mobo. Battlefield 3 and its punkbuster was causing blue screens. I restored my PC to factory state and installed a Rocket Fish 5.1 sound card.

For a moment, we believed it was working. From what I can remember, we had disbaled the Realtek through the device manager. My buddy proceeded to install DirectX. Soon after we realized the sound was not functioning. Only a few statics coming out of the speakers.

I then disabled the HD audio controller in the BIOS. Then I uninstalled the realtek audio drivers. No sound, still. I used driver sweeper and ditched all the realtek. That didn't work either. Then I just uninstalled all the drivers for rocket fish and reseated the card. Now, whenever I start up my pc, I usually have to search for plug and play devices. Eventually it finds the rocketfish but its !'d. Says that (code 12) not enough resources.

I am at a loss here, and with skyrim releasing tonight, all I want is my sound back.

Please, help me!
Old November 10, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

try rockfish driver again

you didn't say what OS using