Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2011, 03:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Thanks everyone for all the help. I haven't had a chance to crack my case open and aim a fan at the offending spot but it's gonna happen this weekend for sure!

I tried finding the EnzoTech heat sinks. Only NewEgg stocks em and they're on back order. Anywhere else I might be able to find em?

What about a bar heatsink? Would I be able to use some thermal tape and just stick one on there that might match the dimensions?

Shows in stock to me.

Newegg.ca - Enzotech MOS-C1 C1100 Forged Copper Heatsinks only

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 9, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Keep in mind with the smaller Enzotech heatsinks you'll need 18 of them. That's a little pricey for my personal taste, copper is expensive.

I'd measure the mounting holes on your motherboard. (it has them according to the pics) You could probably find a Thermalright offering that would fit for half the cost. Go to the Thermalright website for the schematics/measurements.
Old November 9, 2011, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well, that's that!

It's the northbridge. Cracked the side of my case open and touched the VRMs. Warmish. Felt around the board for a hot spot not really finding anything until I brushed the heatsink on the northbridge and Yeow! So I think tomorrow I will reverse the airflow through my case to pull from the back and move through the front until I can buy a spotcool fan.

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle! Yo Joe!
Old November 9, 2011, 07:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, that is really odd. But good to know. The VRM's are usually the volcanoes on motherboards.
While the NB's get hot, thats odd for a newer one like that to get so hot.

See if you can find at NCIX or Newegg a NB cooler solution.
Good to see you found the issue. I was actually thinking too that I would laugh all this time and searching I did for VRM heatsinks if it was indeed the NB.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com