Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

Default Purple Hue on LCD

Kind of a funny issue I am having, today I just got an Asus 19" Widescreen LCD (WV192T to be precise). I switched over from a Samtron 75v 17" CRT. My setup runs through an IOGear 4 port USB KVM switch which I have three computers running on. The LCD works great on 2/3 (my Asus P5KC system which has an 8800GT and my old P4 with a 7600GS) the system it doesn't work on is kind of a funny one, its an Intel D201GLY2 Mini-ITX board which has integrated SIS Mirage 1 Graphics (128mb I think). Anyways on the Intel, everything is in a purple Hue, almost like when you have a VGA cable thats loose, the thing is its not the cable because I have reseated the connection several times and I did not have to unplug it when I changed out the CRT. The next thing I do is going to be to bypass the KVM and go right to the Intel but I don't think that is going to help. Any help is appreciated.
Old February 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Only time that ever happened to me was when the cable was loose- like you said- did you have any luck bypassing the KVM?
Old February 28, 2008, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

yeah I did, it works fine now. I will have to look up some info on my KVM, I forget the model # off the top of my head but its a big white 4 port IO Gear USB KVM, it has two built in cables and two plug in ones, I switched the PC from a built in to a plug in and the color is fine now. Must be somthing with LCDs or some such because the color worked just fine on the CRT.