Default Problem with asus rampage 3 extreme sata 3 ports

so i bought 2 corsair force 3 ssd's today
and i wanted to set to raid 0
the problem is i just can't get into the intel matrix screen
and i pretty much tried everything in the bios ... D:
Old October 29, 2011, 07:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have the board and recently replaced some drives. I ended up changing the bios storage configuration from AHCI to RAID and then I could access the intel matrix using CTRL-I. Once I had the RAID set up, I reverted back to AHCI in the bios.

Now, having said all this, the sata 3 ports use the marvell driver (assuming you are referring to the 1366 board)and I have heard that many people are running into problems when they raid on these ports. Some say the raid speed is slower than a single ssd speed because of the marvell. I have no experience as I dont raid with these ports.

YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
so i bought 2 corsair force 3 ssd's today
and i wanted to set to raid 0
the problem is i just can't get into the intel matrix screen
and i pretty much tried everything in the bios ... D:
Old October 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
Rookie

i've done raid 0 before on this board
but not on those sata 3 ports
i'm thinking of to buy a raid control card if i can't fix this or if i can't get decent speed out of the ssd's
Old October 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I use raid 0 on the sata 2 ports and I have no problems. Works well. Like you, I have not tried on the others, mainly because I read where a lot of people had problems on the sata 3. I do have drives on mine, but they are not a raid configuration.