Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Freeze issue on new built pc. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/47497-freeze-issue-new-built-pc.html)

feubarkada October 20, 2011 10:18 AM

Freeze issue on new built pc.

Im having a problem of my new gaming, it keeps on freezing even just browsing on web. And sometimes it freeze on start up and watching youtube videos and doing benchmark. Its random, and its kinda irritating. Im not sure if its my windows 7 or my memory. Can you please help me with this.

Just look at my specs on my list. Top right.

Shadowmeph October 20, 2011 10:52 AM

have you installed or opened anything new around the same time this issue started?
does this happen in safe mode also?

feubarkada October 20, 2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 559572)
have you installed or opened anything new around the same time this issue started?
does this happen in safe mode also?

I only install the heaven 2.5 benchmark. And no, i never try it on safe mode. I checked the RAM and its completely installed.

keto October 20, 2011 11:16 AM

Did you install the latest chipset and other drivers from the website of the motherboard manufacturer (ASUS)? Do you have your system overclocked at all?

Tainger October 20, 2011 11:16 AM

Sounds like a problem with your ram. Try taking out a module and stress it out.

feubarkada October 20, 2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keto (Post 559584)
Did you install the latest chipset and other drivers from the website of the motherboard manufacturer (ASUS)? Do you have your system overclocked at all?

Yes i did. I make sure everything is updated. And no, never done overclocking.

While im typing this now, my pc freeze up again.

@Tainger i checked the RAM thru bios and it says 8gb. So i think its working fine.

francisw19 October 20, 2011 11:51 AM

Just to toss out another suggestion, have you tried disabling Speed Step in the BIOS?

feubarkada October 20, 2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francisw19 (Post 559602)
Just to toss out another suggestion, have you tried disabling Speed Step in the BIOS?

No sir.

Just an update. My pc is showing the c000021a fatal error and it keep restarting. Idk what to do now.

francisw19 October 20, 2011 12:01 PM

Have a look at this link...it's good you got the error code, it looks like this might be a Windows 7/software issue.

On the flip side, since you haven't installed too many programs, it may be worth starting with a fresh install again. Just some food for thought...best of luck with the trouble shooting.

feubarkada October 20, 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francisw19 (Post 559608)
Have a look at this link...it's good you got the error code, it looks like this might be a Windows 7/software issue.

On the flip side, since you haven't installed too many programs, it may be worth starting with a fresh install again. Just some food for thought...best of luck with the trouble shooting.

I wish i could do that, but right now i cant even see the log in screen. After showing the windows 7 logo the fatal error show up then restart. Then after that i select the repair then it say "windows cannot repair this computer".

I want to reinstall the windows but i dont know how.