Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2011, 08:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Problems Port Forwarding.

I am trying to forward a port but I am having some issues and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have already tried portforward.com but the model they used has old firmware so it doesn't help.

I am using the DSL-2740B on the AUS_4.15 Firmware.

Here is a screen shot of the Port Forwarding page:

I know what port I want to forward and I need to forward it on TCP/UDP but I don't know what to put in the Server IP Adress and Remote IP address, I know it can be different for everyone but can anyone tell me what I put in these fields or if they are under another name in cmd > ipconfig/all?

Thanks for any help.
Old October 13, 2011, 09:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I was going to delete this but considering I can not:

For anyone who found this looking for an answer to the same problem, leave "Remote IP Address" blank. It is the same as a normal modem just fill in the ports that you want to forward, select your protocol(s) and then fill in the "Server IP Address:" with your IPv4 Address which you can find by typing "cmd" into the search bar in Start and hit enter and then typing: "ipconfig" into the command prompt that will pop up look through the results and you should find what you're looking for.

Sorry about the post, I had tried so many things but just missed that one.
Old October 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
Allstar

it looks to me that the server is just a naming field. the ip is your internal ip to where you want to forward, ie your desktop might be 192.168.1.100 so you would forward to it if you were setting up a game server. I would suggest making the device your forwarding a static ip so it does not change and you don't have to keep changing the forwards. if you do make the device a static ip, do it outside your dhcp pool. usually .100-.150ish

cool good that its working for ya

Last edited by Arinoth; October 14, 2011 at 05:35 AM.