Allstar
F@H

wont boot.... just installed another cpu

Is this somewhat related?

Old October 1, 2011, 03:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
no it does not related. i have multiple computers at home and laptops.

this dell spec is pentium 4, 512mb ram..... had it about 7 years now. not for gaming or 3d modeling. just surfing.

if you have answer to that problem feel fee to post in there. i still have that problem and the machine is storage in shelf.... out of order.... untill i find a solution to fix it. thinking of mobo dead. lazy to deal with it but if u have any idea aside form mobo dead, just post it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
If I think I have this right:
1. memtest turns up nothing
2. computer crashes with XP, and also with Ubuntu (are you able to recreate this? Or was the Ubuntu crash a fluke?)
3. in Ubuntu, crash occurs when watching videos???

Crashing with two different OSes tells me its hardware, and not software. You have already ruled out ram it seems. If you get crashes in Ubuntu and Windows, and the issue happens more often when watching videos, I would think its your video card, or possibly the psu.

So again, if you have the problems with two different OSes then I would next see if you could swap the GPU first, and then the PSU if the problem persists.

well..... i dont know if its normal or not for the unbunuto live to crash while watching youtube videos and oh forgot to be specific that the system does'nt crash, only the browser crash. my theory why browser crash every 5 minutes from watching videos is due to low spec of the computer itself. videos takes lots of memory plus polluted advertisement on the internet which slammin down memory making it crash? but then when the computer was normal it has no problem of browser crashing.

i still use ubunto live everytime i use the machine. it is fine but browser crash when watch video and i had to restart browser everytime but once the browser crash..... the broswer will crash every 4 minute.

another thing i want to mention is i cannot exist (axist? exest? forgot the spelling. ill edit later if i can think of the spelling) the hard drive via unbunto live, it says fail to mount

Last edited by hohohee; October 1, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old October 1, 2011, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Might be due to a Video Card and or Northbridge's integrated graphic processor overheating. Try a touch feel on the video card(if you have one) and or the northbridge.

Be very careful not to get burn.