Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Corsair 650D Fan Controller (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/46736-corsair-650d-fan-controller.html)

Beastylemon September 26, 2011 02:17 PM

Corsair 650D Fan Controller

Ok.. wtf.......... seriously..........
$36.23 for UPS shipping to send me a replacement Fan Controller Kit, THAT WAS BROKEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!! :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Anyone know what do?

Pabz0r545 September 26, 2011 02:38 PM

At that price you may as well buy an aftermarket fan controller. Sorry to hear. I have a 650D also. How long did the fan controller last for your? And when did you get your 650D?

If you read on the corsair forums apparently it is quite common to have problems with the fan controller.

Beastylemon September 26, 2011 02:59 PM

Yea I was thinking of buying an after market also.. Sigh..
Well I got it used right, and I don't feel like bugging the guy about it cuz I know it was a very common thing as I read in many forms. The whole med/low buzzing problem. It's not his fault but I just dont understand why corsair is being a turd to people who get a faulty product.

Beastylemon September 26, 2011 03:00 PM

I mean, they fully announced that problem and said there would be a kit available. But why 40bucks for shipping. Bull.

Pabz0r545 September 26, 2011 03:08 PM

I don't think that's corsair's fault for the 40 dollar shipping. That is the shipping companies. I hate dealing with them. Every single time I have ever ordered something it never arrives when it is supposed to and there is always some kind of problem/hassle.

Perineum September 26, 2011 05:17 PM

use a shipping proxy like kinek

ipaine September 26, 2011 05:52 PM

Why did you have to pay for shipping?

I got the fan controller kit from them and got free shipping. Got it in about a week and didn't cost a thing.

hmm, so I go and look at the site now, and they don't have a choice for free shipping anymore. Not sure what happened to it but that is complete crap to charge that much for what is only in a bag and doesn't way much at all.

One thing you should do is mention it in their forums. Get some attention to it and maybe they will do something for you. Like I said it was free shipping before so not sure why it is not anymore.

Eluder September 27, 2011 10:49 AM

Ya, it's free, submit an RMA and they'll take care of things.

chrisk September 27, 2011 10:56 AM

Send a request to customer service.

I asked for a quote last week for the USB3.0 upgrade kit, plus the upgraded sata6gb kit (for my 800D) and they sent it to me as an RMA absolutely free....and I did not say the current gear I had was broken!

Has not arrived yet so I can't confirm if UPS will try to get some cash out of me but don't order from the store...just email customer service and see what they have to say.

martin_metal_88 September 27, 2011 05:54 PM

If you were that kind with the CS person, I understand why they charge you. 2 months ago I contacted corsair about a dead fan on my 600T and the week after a UPS delivery guy was at my door with a brand new free case.