Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2008, 04:13 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

What are the BIOS Vcore and Vram settings?
Old February 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Kassela, It's odd that your Mobo keeps asking you to press F1 to continue, it's almost as if it's booting everytime with a clean bios. Did you notice if your CLEAR cmos jumper is in the right position. I've heard other accounts of people receiving their motherboard with it in the wrong place and it continually resets.

Old February 21, 2008, 12:30 PM
Rookie

Could someone show me some pics of how to check my jumper? and how do I check vcore and vram settings?

Thanks
Old February 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Arrow

It would help if you posted exact model and specs, put them in your signature like I do.

I may have your answer, check this out.... Did you notice if you had the floppy enabled, that results in the F1/Del message. Here's an excerpt from another builder having that issue with a 780i...
EVGA 780i Motherboard
One more question... each time I boot, it says "floppy disk(s) fail (40). Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter Setup"..... I don't have a floppy disk drive.... how do I get this to go away so that each time I boot it doesn't stop at that point?
May be because you have the floppy as the first drive in your boot sequence Take it completely out of your boot sequence and see if that helps.
Thanks. I figured it out... had to change my DRIVE A to "none"

Old February 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by low351 View Post
It would help if you posted exact model and specs, put them in your signature like I do.

I may have your answer, check this out.... Did you notice if you had the floppy enabled, that results in the F1/Del message. Here's an excerpt from another builder having that issue with a 780i...
EVGA 780i Motherboard
One more question... each time I boot, it says "floppy disk(s) fail (40). Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter Setup"..... I don't have a floppy disk drive.... how do I get this to go away so that each time I boot it doesn't stop at that point?
May be because you have the floppy as the first drive in your boot sequence Take it completely out of your boot sequence and see if that helps.
Thanks. I figured it out... had to change my DRIVE A to "none"
Wow Low351, I think you may have hit the nail right on the head, because I noticed that I have that floppy problem also!!! I haven't Got around to fixing it yet, but I think you may have solved my problem..

Its probably recommended that I update the BIOS using this (since I have RAM over 800 mhz) http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/...t.asp?switch=2

Thanks a ton my friend!
Old February 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Your very welcome, I hope it works for you, sounds like it will.

FYI I usually upgrade to the latest stable bios before I install Windows Vista since I buy OEM copies and they register a bios update as a hardware change. It's not the end of the world but you end up having to call Microsoft to get it activated if your system records too many hardware changes. Of course with my 2 Asus boards I had to upgrade to betas to get them to work properly and had to call for one anyhow. phooey on Asus for requiring a beta bios to be stable and phooey on microsoft for charging soo much for Vista that I have to use OEM.... IMHO an O/S shouldn't be more than $100 retail.