Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2011, 05:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

wow am i glad my sabertooth didnt show up looking like that. sorry yours is bad but dont give up on it they are amazing i love mine
Old September 17, 2011, 04:10 AM
da_bradler

Yeah I'm pretty sure Asus isn't going to do shit. I bought it open box off the NCIX ebay outlet and they refuse to replace it. says on their page

Quote:
All sales are final. No refunds or Exchange. Replacement for defective items or refund if item is defective and replacement is not available.
Well I know they ******* have replacements available since they are selling them on their site, they are just not willing to send me a functional board for what I paid them. So now I get all this inconvience, an entire day ruinned taking apart and rebuilding a system. Plus now I need to go return this RAM and a new drive and I bought other stuff to use with it.

and in the end I just end up with the refunded amount sitting in my paypal account where I can't do anything with it, it's going to cost me money to get it out of paypal.

All of this and I end up with nothing.

fairly certain all bets are off when you buy something open box and asus won't service it, so just absolutely demoralized and pissed off, that's what I get from buying from the NCIX outlet I guess, I've never got a properly functioning piece of equipment off there I dont know why I'm so cheap I keep trying to use it.
Old September 17, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wouldn't that count as defective?
Old September 17, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Wouldn't that count as defective?
Agreed. Very much defective.
Old September 17, 2011, 09:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

No, just email them and explain the situation. I bought a gtx 570 oc off them, and it had so many problems with the drivers. I emailed the support after 4 days receiving it, and they were very nice. I know what it says in their disclaimer on the main page. But also check on the refund policy for them. They not only refunded me the cost with taxes, they had me ship it back on their expense through purolator.

They are generally very nice. Just email them as in contact member and explain them the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bradler View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure Asus isn't going to do shit. I bought it open box off the NCIX ebay outlet and they refuse to replace it. says on their page

Well I know they ******* have replacements available since they are selling them on their site, they are just not willing to send me a functional board for what I paid them. So now I get all this inconvience, an entire day ruinned taking apart and rebuilding a system. Plus now I need to go return this RAM and a new drive and I bought other stuff to use with it.

and in the end I just end up with the refunded amount sitting in my paypal account where I can't do anything with it, it's going to cost me money to get it out of paypal.

All of this and I end up with nothing.

fairly certain all bets are off when you buy something open box and asus won't service it, so just absolutely demoralized and pissed off, that's what I get from buying from the NCIX outlet I guess, I've never got a properly functioning piece of equipment off there I dont know why I'm so cheap I keep trying to use it.
Old September 17, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Probably gonna run cooler that way.lol. Was it really delivered that way?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old September 17, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oops! Didn't read all of your posts. Seems to me they MUST allow a return for selling a defective product,unless you were made aware of this by NCIX. I doubt you were told to buy at your own risk as this product may be defective. I believe you are in a position to sue. No company can sell you a defective "anything" without a clear warning of it's potential.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old September 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

That's pretty crappy if NCIX is saying they wont refund/replace it, I believe you could dispute this via paypal as there is a option for defective ebay items. I've bought from ncix's ebay outlet twice, first time it went good, second time I have yet to test the item but it was a HDMI splitter to 4x HDMI ports with a mini remote to pick what port to use.
Old September 17, 2011, 11:22 AM
da_bradler

No they'll refund it. I don't want a refund though I want that stupid board. I'm going to see if I can repair it or if Asus will fix it. I didn't even have enough money for it in the first place and now I'm stuck with all this other shit I bought along with it. I have no capacity to get a refund and then turn around and buy the exact same thing back off them for 70 more dollars. Whatever I have nothing on them there is no way I can say they did anything wrong, they are refunding me which I consider the bare minimum they could possibly do. I'm just pissed because they clearly state there is preference given to replacing it, if they can. Which I know they can because they have plenty of these boards. I just think they should change the wording on their ebay auctions given that they'd obviously never replace a defective open box item with another one given you don't pay full retail. All of this hassle and I end up with less than what I started with. Plus my cat literally just died at the vet. Supposed to be a good weekend, and now it's just got me one step away from blowing my head off.
Old September 17, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That board shold never have been up for sale in that condition unless it was stated that part of the socket was missing. Try speaking with Linus here at HWC. He might be able to help.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)