Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2011, 11:04 AM
Rookie

Default hanging abit when booting up

Hello just built my new rig with a 2600k on a p8z68 vpro board with win7 on a SSD 128 m4.
not overclocked atm ,
but seems to go to post screen hangs for a while then it does a lap like goes to check marvel driver screen then comes back to post screen once again ( screen where click delete for bios)

then eventually it loads up to windows. it just to be alottttt slower then my old system yet its a SSD and newer chip etc

any idea's why thanks in advance for replys.

latest bios and firmware on SSD . just installled all drivers etc of mobo disk as its not that old and not many updates on asus site
Old September 16, 2011, 02:10 PM
Rookie

when pc is just sitting there in idle . is it normal for the core speed to stay at 3800 mhz then drop down to 1600 every so often . the v core and multiplier droppin

i havent overclocked the chip yet but standard is 3.4 as shown in pictures
Old September 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
Rookie

Attached Images

Last edited by bertz; September 16, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old September 16, 2011, 02:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You can simply disable the marvell controller if you're not using it, or stop it checking by going to advanced mode in the bios

advanced tab>onboard devices configuration>marvell storage oprom>set to disable

To stop the double spash screen:

advanced> Boot> change the setting for Option ROM Messages from Force bios to Keep Current

Hope this helps

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old September 16, 2011, 02:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
You can simply disable the marvell controller if you're not using it, or stop it checking by going to advanced mode in the bios

advanced tab>onboard devices configuration>marvell storage oprom>set to disable

To stop the double spash screen:

advanced> Boot> change the setting for Option ROM Messages from Force bios to Keep Current

Hope this helps
ah thanks for the reply to my problem does this look normal as im new to all this ?

also do i need them marvell for my SSD ? and the other option to , or can i follow your commands and turn them off sorry as you can see im not very good on these things
Old September 16, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertz View Post
when pc is just sitting there in idle . is it normal for the core speed to stay at 3800 mhz then drop down to 1600 every so often . the v core and multiplier droppin

i havent overclocked the chip yet but standard is 3.4 as shown in pictures
Perfectly normal for your voltage and clocks to go up and down like that while using speedstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 16, 2011, 02:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Probably worthwhile to read over what the motherboard manual says, it'll also shed some light on some of the bios changes. AFAIK you should be using the intel controller for the boot drive, whether you need the marvell will depend on how many other devices you need to connect.

Your cpu is just throttling (speedstep) to conserve power, cpuz looks normal. The turbo v looks funny for the bclk setting, could just be how it shows up at low power, not sure.

Here's what the bios screen looks like
Attached Images

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old September 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
Rookie

thanks alot G777 on the info its quicker booting up now i have disabled them options.

whether you need the marvell will depend on how many other devices you need to connect < i have 3 more sata storage drives to connect to it

Last edited by bertz; September 16, 2011 at 03:54 PM.