Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2011, 05:15 PM
Banned
F@H

take it out on the table and go with minimum components

asus mobos can be a nightmare. gigas always boot. if they dont,after a while the second bios kicks in,if the first is corupted or it thinks

its corrupted. hate that mem ok button, though it solved many a headaches. asus boards without the mem ok button? love them.
Old August 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
take it out on the table and go with minimum components

asus mobos can be a nightmare. gigas always boot. if they dont,after a while the second bios kicks in,if the first is corupted or it thinks

its corrupted. hate that mem ok button, though it solved many a headaches. asus boards without the mem ok button? love them.
Nothing yet. Tried to go back to my 650 but still nothing. It's a pain to switch mobos but if I have to go back to my old one I'll do it. I'll try setting up from scratch one more time.
Old August 31, 2011, 06:56 PM
Banned
F@H

though i've seen sometimes incompatibility between certain psus and mobos(yes,even recent ones) they are pretty rare.
Old August 31, 2011, 08:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
though i've seen sometimes incompatibility between certain psus and mobos(yes,even recent ones) they are pretty rare.
Look at my edit, I sort of found the problem. Thing is that I don't know if I either got a defective mobo or I should just buy new RAM. I mean my RAM IS listed as compatible so I don't see why my mobo is doing this.
Old August 31, 2011, 08:36 PM
Banned
F@H

what edit?
Old August 31, 2011, 10:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
what edit?
First page. But disregard that as things have just gone haywire. I assumed that the mobo was defective so I kept the hardware that worked and switched my mobo for my 790 thinking that things will all be normal again. When I switch on my pc, the same damn problem happens even if it's with my old mobo. I have no idea what I did wrong.
Old August 31, 2011, 11:10 PM
Banned
F@H

could be the video card thats just gone. or the ram. its harder to kill the proc. not impossible.
Old August 31, 2011, 11:51 PM
Allstar

Stupid question but have you try pulling one of the graphics card?
Old September 1, 2011, 05:11 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
could be the video card thats just gone. or the ram. its harder to kill the proc. not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Stupid question but have you try pulling one of the graphics card?
I tried using one card. One is only a year old and the other one is a month old. I never really put my 1-year in crazy conditions as my case has good air cooling.

I am starting to think that my RAM is corrupted or something? Is that possible? Anything you can suggest I get that's not crazy expensive so I can test and have good memory?
Old September 1, 2011, 07:49 AM
Banned
F@H

hmm...would it be a bother to go with the board and chip in a store?

surely they have some opened ddr3 and a psu for you to try booting it up.

if northing works, start doubting the chip as well,but again its hard to kill em