Marvell SATA 6G Driver v1.1.0.6
Hot Plugged: Disabled
AHCI Mode
TPU= Disabled
EPU= Disabled
Power Options: High Performance
Ai Suite II === [Newest]

Hi
I'm having freezing issues with my new PC (2 weeks old). I had this PC built by the PC store I bought it from, which basically installed Windows, installed new hardware drivers from the internet, and some drivers from the CDs that came with the above parts. Everything is retail, and the service is very professional.

I myself have updated windows, updated the BIOS, updated the SSD firmware, installed IME and IRST, and changed the PC power options to high. Other than that I've installed a few games, a few web browsers, spyware, UPS software, mouse software, a few system info programs, and benchmarking programs. I haven't changed anything in the BIOS. I can provide screenshots for every page/sub page of the BIOS menu if needed.

The freezing happens mostly when I play games for a few mins, and sometimes when I browse the web watching Youtube. It basically freezes the screens current image, and forces me to restart the PC via the cases reset button. Sometimes the PC resets itself when it crashes right away. The problem happens pretty consistently when I game. Most of the time I can't play more than a few mins before I crash, and sometimes (about 3 times now) I can play for a few hours.

When the PC freezes I get the [02] Q code from the ASUS Q-Code LED on the motherboard. There is also a long error sound when it freezes until I restart. Q-Code [02] has the "AP initialization before microcode loading", which could mean a number of different things from what I hear. Sometimes Q code remains [AA] when it freezes. All the motherboard LEDs for the other hardware components show no issues.

I have no clue what is the problem, so it would be great if I could get some help. If u need any extra info from benchmarks to system info just ask.

Thanks!
Old September 3, 2011, 12:01 PM
Rookie

The vertex 3 series is well known for producing blue screens... Personally I had this problem a lot with bad RAM. Try downloading phoronix test suite (Phoronix Test Suite - PTS Desktop Live), running the live DVD and then mprime for a couple days and seeing if it is stable. Also run memtest86+ to ensure there are no problems with the memory.