Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Crosshair V audio issues

I posed over at the ROG forum and got no answer so I decided to come back here because I always get good suggestions/ answers form the people on this board.

The problem is that I am running spdif to my receiver and I seems to be 1 or 2 seconds drops in the signal at random times. I wasn't having this problem on my old board. If i am playing games or watching movies and the sound will just cut out and i stop getting a signal. Even when windows starts up the opening sound cuts out. When this happens I can see from my receiver that the signal is dropping. I haven't had this problem before and I am not sure how to fix it.
Old August 14, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

find out if your revcivr is 48 kHz or 96 kHz processor then set it sound properties

Crosshair V Formula current bios 0506 update 2011.07.02

and sound i see spec's shows ceative tech but in drivers shows realtek for same MB on asus site.

best look at MB chipsets to ID what sound chip then get currrent driver for it
Old August 14, 2011, 09:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I am using the 506 bios. I have set to 48 because that is what my old MB used to be set at. There is sound but it just randomly goes dead for a second or two and then it comes back on. I have been thinking the same about the driver issues. Supposedly the chip set is realtek and correct me if I am wrong but the creative is just an a program that adds features and it comes with the board. I haven't seen other with this issue but I am not sure how many use the spdif out. There is also supposed to be some kind of intelligent detection program that switches the audio to whatever is plugged in. I am wondering if this is kicking in at random times and causing the spdif signal to drop.
Old August 14, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

sounds $5.oo solution with creative tech dinging all you's for optical sound

with realtek sound chip its out of the box optical sound

i believe you have creative sound chip, i had same issue on optical output

Last edited by KaptCrunch; August 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old August 14, 2011, 10:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok, Makes sense. I am going to uninstall the realtek and install the creative. It is the only thing I haven't tried yet. See if it works.
Old August 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianfeng View Post
Ok, Makes sense. I am going to uninstall the realtek and install the creative. It is the only thing I haven't tried yet. See if it works.
get a flashlight an ID chip if a CT chip

you need the software to use it only 5 bucks,they give a big software key, os write it down for safe keeping (resinstall)
Old August 15, 2011, 07:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

In the bottom left of the board is a chip that says x-fi mb supreme2. If this is the case why do i have to pay 5 dollars for something that my board promised me when I bought it. I sold my turtle beach audio card last month and it had spdif out. I have emailed asus and they told me to check the output which I had already done. I am not doing dd or dts it is just 2ch pcm I should need any decoders for that. I have also noticed during the drop offs if I have my playback devices open the green meter bar still continues when the sound cuts out for a second.
Old August 15, 2011, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Existing Dolby Digital Live Pack users can get DTS Connect as a free upgrade.
If you wish to get DTS Connect, or have lost your installation file, click here to download the Creative Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect Pack again. You must have a valid Activation Key to install it.

cos they want your hard earned cash to unlock their dolby optical port

been down this road with creative takey on optical port, i will never buy another product from them for its not OUT OF BOX working ....that wiil be $5.00 please after 150. spent on dolby sound they claim works as you know it don't
Old August 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Raja from Asus is helping me looking into this for me. I sent him an aida64 report and he is going to see if there is some kind of driver issue. I am pretty sure after reading that it is a realtek onboard and the creative stuff is just software. Thanks for your help though. I will keep this update so if anyone else is having the problem they can see how it gets resolved/ or not resolved.
Old August 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It appears I am not the only one having this problem. It would be nice for a reviewer to mention this. There is a thread started over at the rog forums with no solution yet.

sound issues on CHF5 - Page 5