Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2011, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok so I ended up RMA'ing my board and it seems to fix the Audio problem. Asus techs were not able to duplicate the issue because it must have something to do with a bad batch of Motherboards. If anyone else is experiencing this issue I suggest you RMA your board because even though it seems like software it turned out to be a hardware issue.
Old September 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
Rookie

I'm also having issues with sound on my asus formula v, I'm using spdif out to a 5.1 system. All I get is lot's of crackling sound... I dual boot with Windows 7 & Ubuntu and it does it in both of those.

I'm not a genius when it comes to these things so could you tell me what you mean by RMA your board?

Cheers
Old September 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

rma = Return Merchandise Authorization

(RMA, or as the alternative Return Merchandise Agreement) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation within the product's warranty period.
An RMA is also known as a "Goods Return Authorization" or GRA (depending on the country).
Old September 29, 2011, 04:25 AM
Rookie

Ah, of course! Thanks!

I don't suppose you have any thoughts on the sound issue I'm having do you?

I've updated all the drivers on the board, although I haven't done the BIOS update as yet... It's a pretty strange issue to be honest with you, as the sound get's worse as the processor is put under any kind of load, you can hear the Windows logon sounds etc but heavy noise over them, like there is interference of some kind.

The above issue starts before the OS is even loaded so it seems to me that there is something fundamentally wrong with this board??