Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2011, 09:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Extreme DPC Latency when gaming

hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm literally at my wits end with this issue I've been having.

first things first here are my specs for my pc

Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz
Gigabyte X58-UD3r REV 2.0
EVGA Gtx 460 and MSI GTX460 Cyclone in SLI
4 x 2GB G.skill RamDDR3 SDRAM 1333
Corsair 650W PSU

I have been having an astronomical amount of DPC latency on my PC for the past few months, i thought i had it licked the last 2 weeks when I installed an older Nvidia driver but alas it has started up again something fierce.

I have used DPC latency checker and while playing a game such as BFBC2, Brink, Fallout New Vegas i get upwards of 36000+ Us

I also have used the Latencymon program to try and find the culprit, and it fluctuates almost depending on what game I am playing to what driver is causing the issue with either DPC latency or Hard pagefaults

the images i have uploaded show that its my directx kernal driver causing the pagefaults, but on new vegas it would show high dpc latency being caused by usbport.sys or atapi.sys, and I have update all my drivers, I've turned off SLI and had the same issues (these reports Ive uploaded are from SLI being disabled), I have also turned off devices, etc... etc...

I'm at the point where I want to sell these parts and built up a whole new rig lol I read that the X58-Ud3R's have latency issues as well as the GTX 460s but I know of people who don't experience the latency im getting here.

If anyone has any recommendations or experience with this issue, especially with the aforementioned specs that I have, I would so very greatly appreciate it lol

Again I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere I tried searching and all I have been doing the past 2 months is searching for forum threads that could lead me to salvation for this matter. Also I apologize for the long read!
Attached Images

Old August 9, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That looks like several different registry/driver conflicts, I'm not even sure it's possible. You're going to have a really painfully long repair process if you decide to fix them individually. A quick check would be to load up any Linux live CD like Ubuntu and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, your only easy way out is a full system reformat. If it does, you got an RMA on your hand, which could be good news.
Old August 9, 2011, 12:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If you have EasyTune or any overclocking/monitoring software installed, try uninstalling that.
I've had issues with ASUS AISuite killing my mouse input while gaming which magically disappeared after uninstalling AISuite.
Old August 9, 2011, 02:34 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

unfortunately i do not have any overclocking software, i used to have msi afterburner but it caused a lot of issues and i wasn't even trying to overclock so that has been uninstalled long ago

i have been trying different drivers and clearing drivers all day and to no prevail :(
Old August 9, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I forgot to ask this before, but does it happen in safe mode? If it does I would honestly just back up important data and reformat.
Old August 9, 2011, 03:42 PM
Banned
F@H

so how did that live cd go?
Old August 9, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

yes back up your data an reinstall OS

but first get all current drivers that are certified windows hardware

run intel inf app to get RST drivers, then get realtek drivers Note F6 to install while loading OS

MB bios current is FF
Old August 9, 2011, 07:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

ive yet to test in safe mode, ill give that a shot and if that fails then i will do a reinstall

hopefully thatll work! lol

thanks a lot for the info guys!

if anyone has any other suggestions before i do the re-install let me know! lol