Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2011, 04:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
It's possible that your windows is now screw due to all the reboot and crashes while starting. You might need to re-install it.
Exactly ..this is what's wrong
Old August 8, 2011, 12:13 PM
Rookie

haha, thanks, just found my Windows CD (DVD?) so I'll reinstall it if necessary. The voltage seems fine on the bios, NCIX recommends RMA memory, may still do something with that motherboard.

Thinking of taking a hit and getting a Gigabyte motherboard instead, like this one: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-880GM-USB3 (rev. 3.1) It doesn't say it has a core unlocker though and there aren't many reviews . . since it has Advanced Clock Calibration, should I still be able to do it manually?

I've also been thinking of this one for $10 more: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 Which do you think is the better deal? I don't think I'll need Sata3 (my first SSD will be for my high end build in two years) so is there anything else that makes this board better?

Thanks again!

Last edited by murphyslaw; August 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well, I have a little preference for Gigabytes myself but for 10$ I would definatly take the Asus. If you need anymore advice, feel good to ask and keep us up to date with that issue ;)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 9, 2011, 10:40 PM
Rookie

Martin, you may have been right. NCIX will test the board tomorrow, but says the problem was that I was using an old harddrive and just needed to reinstall Windows.

At first, I thought you meant just putting in the Windows 7 DVD and let it figure things out. But reading some of the stuff on the net, do I actually have to reformat and fresh install? I got my Win 7 from MSDNAA, I'm not sure if it'll let me install it again. I don't even know how to go about backing up my stuff since this will be the only desktop in the house. And I'm worried about losing my preferences.

Does anyone know of any way to avoid reformatting the harddrive?