Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2011, 09:46 AM
Rookie

Default white to yellow color shift on u2410

Just got my new monitor(u2410) and it is free of dead pixels but when displaying white on most of the screen (ex: youtube, nicx and other sites) it is not accuretly represented. The white seems to turn to yellow in center of the screen (ex: white -> yellowish white -> white). Is there any way to fix this?
Old July 27, 2011, 10:02 AM
Banned
F@H

do a reset on it. also grab aida64 and run a monitor diagnostic
Old July 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
Rookie

Did a reset, still no change. The test does confirm the color change.

According to dell forum pr guy it is "acceptable".
Old July 27, 2011, 11:27 AM
Banned
F@H

lol..ask otheru24 users....but if its that in your face, do give them a courtesy call. not email. call..:)
Old July 27, 2011, 12:11 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
Did a reset, still no change. The test does confirm the color change.

According to dell forum pr guy it is "acceptable".
It is not acceptable. Take a pic post it here and then call Dell support. It is an UltraSharp and as such comes with a full warranty against dead pixels and color shift.
Old July 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Rookie

Here are 2 pics:
Attached Images

Old July 27, 2011, 03:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

I don't really notice anything in those pictures, but if it's noticable to your eye that it's not acceptable whatsoever. give Dell a ring up and bitch at them like hell if your standard diplomacy doesn't work out.
Old July 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
Rookie

The camera doesn't pick it up very well. I downloaded fraps but it doesn't capture the screen when I press the key. Freeware ver. says you can only save pics in bmp format but not about not being able to use the screenshot function.
Old July 27, 2011, 05:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
The camera doesn't pick it up very well. I downloaded fraps but it doesn't capture the screen when I press the key. Freeware ver. says you can only save pics in bmp format but not about not being able to use the screenshot function.
A screenshot wouldn't show it anyways. It's the monitor (or otherwise hardware-related) that is causing it.

Just curious, did you try with different cables? Different computer?

No funky settings on your video card's control panel from before that would adjust the colour?

Never ran Windows Display Calibration? Using the default ICM from Dell?

Lastly, what about the settings on the monitor itself? Have you tried the different colour modes to see if you can find one that's more pleasing to your eyes?

5000K (what sRGB dictates I believe) is a bit on the "warm" side so white would appear slightly yellow perhaps, at least compared to another monitor that was not IPS based nor calibrated for sRGB.
Old July 28, 2011, 02:38 PM
Rookie

@JD

I ony got DVI option. Have not tried it on my laptop but its got vga connectivity only so it would probably be worse. Using default settings on everything except the sRGB mode on the monitor. As I've tried to explain before it is not the whole monitor that is yellowish, with each preset I choose I still see the color shift except for "cool" and "warm" settings which make the whole screen blue or yellow.

------------

So i've started RMA and as expected the agent tells me it's normal and that he can't see the diff. on the pic i've provided. I can understand the second part but to say it's normal on a monitor that is advertised on accurate color is not fair statement. All of the TN panels i've owned never had this problem.