Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2011, 11:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Random freezes during gaming on a new build

HI all,

I just bought 3 new main components, z68x-ud5-b3 mobo, i7 2600k cpu, and gskil ram 1.5 2x4 gig

The rest of my components are:

150 wd raptor hd
1tb wd hard drive
850 watt antec cp850

Intially I installed windows using a ssd, but I was having issues with the drivers for the board, so I uninstalled it, took the hard drive and used a different pc and the hard drive no issues.

I then took my raptor drive that I was using in my previous pc that the mobo I had to RMA. Anyways everything was installed fine. I updated bios for the mobo and all the drivers. No problems, ran some benches, they were beautiful.

Here is an issue, when I am gaming the games completely freeze, to a point where I have to cntrl alt dlt. Also, it happens to every game no matter what. And at times when the games start they are soooooo slow, where I have to close the game and re-open it.

I also have sorry, gtx 470's in SLI. There is no issues with the cards and I have the latest driver from nvidia installed, 275.33.

I then thought maybe the sata cables may need a change as I did not use the new mobo cables, but the old ones. That did not make a difference.

I ram mem test, hard drive tests, tested the vidoe cards by running furmark for an hour. I think it's my mobo that may not be performing well.

What do you think? If that's the case I wanna go in and exchange/return it within 14 days, maybe get a p67?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Old July 20, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if it only happens with one game I would guess that it is driver or even game issues.
an example of game issues is with the game The Witcher 2 the way they coded the game it has problems with Nvidia cards and to cure the problem ( for that game) I had to remove the 3d drivers now my game runs perfectly.
But that is with that game what I woulpd do is do a search for the game you are playing and see if anyone else is having the same or similar problems
Old July 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
Banned
F@H

ok so when you load prime95 and loop 3dmark what happens?
Old July 20, 2011, 01:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

they work great, i just returend the board and picked up a p67-ud7 off here today and see. But could it be the chip? someone just told me it could be my cpu. I dont get it though. As I ran prime 95 at 4.5ghz for an hour and it had no issues
Old July 20, 2011, 01:20 PM
Banned
F@H

as the memory controller is on the chip itself,could be.

pci-e stuff too..soo...
Old July 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

hmmmm oh well I will find out if it was the mobo or not soon enough. And i am really really hoping it was the mobo as the chip was purchased locally off a guy and if its the chip them I am screwed for 3 bills:(
Old July 20, 2011, 01:39 PM
Banned
F@H

if the chip was sealed then its kinda hard for him to screw with it. open box or used? ouch.

id buy one from any folder here with peace of mind. anyone else with no feedback? hmmm
Old July 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

it was weired. It was sealed, but when I opended the plastic container, there was a couple of particles as if it was already opened. I dont know.
Old July 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
Banned
F@H

ask for a bill or proof of purchase.

pdf is good too.

if he screws around it could be stolen or god knows what lol
Old July 20, 2011, 02:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yea I don't know, but if it was the chip, it would freeze up my system when I was running prime95, intel burn test etc. and I ran numerous bencues, like 3dmark 11, 3dmarkvantage and unigenie heaven etc. and never had issues. Then, like the other person suggested could be the game. I dont know, I just don't like it. First 2 weeks ago, I busted my msi big bang xpower mobo. Sent it for RMA, couldnt wait, bought i7 2600k, ram and a new mobo. And it oc'd like a champ but when i tried to game, it made me upset. You know the feeling. Now I am waiting on the ud7 i bought off here and I will try again, if its busted, maybe the ram? lol I am just trying actually really hoping it's not the cpu. But if I could get the proof of purchase, does Intel do RMA? I have never heard of that before to be honest. I am gonna look it up.