MVP

Default wont boot.... just installed another cpu

spec:
- athlon 64 3400+
- 2x 1gb / 2x 512mb = 3gb but somehow read 2.5gb
- Antec 380 Green
- x850 XT pci express
- xp home 32bit

before motherboard problem..... it suffer from difficulty booting up whenever the computer is shut down. like say the computer is off.... when push power button to boot.... it will not boot right away.... it will have strange loud noise while not showing anything on the monitor...... then hold power button for 10 seconds, it will reboot itself then it will boot normally.

it happend like this everytime i shut down my computer.

now finally it happend permanently for good.... cannot boot at all! press power button and it have normal sound but show snothing on monitor AND NO BEEP SOUND! nothing at all! only sound of psu and keyboard light lights up.

i have tried buying a brand new sealed psu Antec 380 Green which is top-quality and perfect watt for my system. yet no work. same thing. so its not the psu......

took off graphic card and just plug in monitor plug to the onboard motherboard hole...... still no work. so its not the graphic card..........

now tried installing spare processor laying around.... exact indentical cpu. install and new thermal paste and everything....... now hit the power button................................... same freaking thing! no work!

now im out of idea of what could cause it. or could it be hard drive? does it sound like a hard drive problem?

what i do with the computer:
- running games everyday and almost 24/7

running games alot can shorten computer durability?

history of this machine:
1- installed 350 watt ultra power supply
2- tried sticking 8800 GTS in and run games on it for about 44 hours total
3- 350 watt ultra psu burnt with white smoke spooing out
4- replace new psu and everything normal.... machine still works

i heard if psu fried..... it have 29% of it taking some of the component sinside the machine with it..... but can it loosen durability of a component too? is this why my current problem about the boot up? psu frie dbut repalce and everything works fine but then later on it have problem. when the psu fried.... could it loosen the durability of the motherboard?

so far this machine got psu fried for 3 times..... 1 time is stock fsp psu that came with it, i think 300 watt.... installed x850xt... psu fried. throw stock psu away then throw in ultra 300 watts ultra psu....... fried....... then throw in another ultra psu of 350 watts..... fried..... Ultra no good! currently with Antec 380 Green.

can someone confirm if the motherboard is stopped working? or is it something else? like hard drive? or what? plz help!
Old June 30, 2011, 02:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

If the PSU fries, I think it is more like 31.65% that it takes some of the components with it.

Kidding aside, I think you need a new system rather than saving this 5 year old system. RAM is 2.5 maybe because 1 stick of 512 is dead or slot is dead.

And, please, do not post with too much space like that if you want to be taken seriously this time. Stop playing with the motherboard hole.

Old June 30, 2011, 02:44 PM
MVP

thats too much space? i thought it make it easy to read. cause i have seen a block of text with no space and it make me dont want to read.

i have never thought of the ram slot could be dead! this probly why i have hard time trying to make it to 3gb re-aranging sticks for days. and it also make kindda sense..... psu fried many time... actually 3 times on thsi mchine and it take ram slot with it..... believable.

and what you mean this time? no idea.

Last edited by hohohee; September 30, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old June 30, 2011, 03:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
thats too much space? i thought it make it easy to read. cause i have seen a black of text with no space and it make me dont want to read.

and what you mean this time? no idea.
Basing on the threads you started and replies just like your first paragraph, many members think you are a troll and a joke.

Old July 26, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

motherboard is dead.
Old July 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Assuming this is a serious conversation, the OP is running XP 32-bit. You're likely to see a range of 2.5GB to 3.5GB because the system allocates RAM resources to hard drive buffers, video cards, and etc. before it leaves the rest for the system. XP does recognize 4GB, but it will only display what's left after allocating portions of RAM to your system components that need it.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support