Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Games Keep Crashing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/44572-games-keep-crashing.html)

Mr.Charles June 29, 2011 04:16 PM

Games Keep Crashing

About a week ago, I started having problems with my videogames and youtube videos. The youtube videos were just black whenever I tried to watch them. For games, when I play TF2, the game suddenly freezes and I can't do anything, League of Legends freezes, quits and tells me to update my graphics drivers and minecraft glitches so that I can see the floor (i.e. lava). Each time I try to watch a youtube video or league crashes I get a message from my system saying that a kernel driver has stopped working, but has recovered. I erased all of my drivers and installed the latest one, it didn't change anything. I've been thinking about re-installing windows. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Silvgearx June 29, 2011 04:39 PM

Seems like Driver conflicts or video card defect.

Post GPU make model and driver used, and PSU.

Use GPUZ to identify them.

Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.5.4 | techPowerUp

_dangtx_ June 29, 2011 04:53 PM

Homepage | Ubuntu

burn the iso on a dvd and try again. no issues? windows or drivers.

issues? either settings(oc? bios?) or hardware(reseat? bad card? psu?)

JoelPack June 30, 2011 10:03 PM

For a quick check to see if hardware acceleration is messing up video playback via flash (ie. Youtube), try checking this out to disable hardware acceleration temporarily:

Disabling hardware accelerated video playback - YouTube Help

If Youtube videos work after disabling that, almost certainly it's the video card or video card drivers at fault.

This is by no means a comprehensive test, but something quick that might help you pinpoint the issue. Given the fact that you have the latest drivers, it seems probable the video card is defective or may need to be dusted / reseated.

coleo July 1, 2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelPack (Post 529310)
For a quick check to see if hardware acceleration is messing up video playback via flash (ie. Youtube), try checking this out to disable hardware acceleration temporarily:

Disabling hardware accelerated video playback - YouTube Help

If Youtube videos work after disabling that, almost certainly it's the video card or video card drivers at fault.

This is by no means a comprehensive test, but something quick that might help you pinpoint the issue. Given the fact that you have the latest drivers, it seems probable the video card is defective or may need to be dusted / reseated.

does the irony of posting a youtube link when he says youtube is blank strike anyone else?
jus sayin

JoelPack July 1, 2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleo (Post 529325)
does the irony of posting a youtube link when he says youtube is blank strike anyone else?
jus sayin

The help itself is in text on a otherwise standard webpage, the video is just there for easy access to the flash player settings. There is a chance the flash player may not load at all, but my assumption is that flash is loading enough to allow you to right click and change the settings (the quickest way to change the settings otherwise).

KaptCrunch July 1, 2011 07:20 AM

up date your software for flash, video, sound , chipset for MB

DRFTsil40 July 5, 2011 02:00 AM

update all drivers. if you overclock i would say turn your clocks down a bit or add more voltage, in my case last time, my i5 2500k 4.5Ghz was not getting enough voltage and League of Legends would crash on me. in fact my whole computer would reboot.