Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Issue (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/44133-cyborg-r-t-5-issue.html)

Kenab June 12, 2011 05:16 PM

Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Issue

Here's a video to show you guys the issue I have: YouTube - ‪R.A.T. 5 Cyborg Driver Fail‬‏

Every time I boot into windows, windows detects the mouse normally but, when it comes to moving the mouse around, I have absolutely no signal from the mouse. Right & left click work, so does the scroll wheel. The only way I got it to work was by pressing ctrl+alt+del then clicking switch user, then logging back in. It sometimes solved the issue but since I updated the drivers, doesn't seem to work. Anyone has a clue of what the problem is or how to solve it? Thanks already.

System specs:

-Intel 2600K @ 4.5 Ghz
-ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
-XFX Reference 6970 2GB
-G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 9-10-9-27
-Corsair Force 60GB SSD & WD Caviar Black 1TB
-Corsair AX1200 Powersupply
-Corsair 800D Case
-Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Edit: Clocked my 2600K back to stock clocks, and my mouse started working after about 20 minutes after I logged into windows or something. Strange enough.

KaptCrunch June 12, 2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyborg site
Some products here do not have driver downloads as they use Windows install when they are plugged in or are not compatible with the Mac OS X.

32bit or 64bit?

All versions of Windows XP and 2K are 32 bit unless you are running Windows XP64 (check in the general tab of the system window),
it’s nothing to do with having a 64-bit processor - e.g. if you have a 64-bit processor but are running normal Windows XP then
you don't need the 64-bit drivers or software.

When you have clicked your driver link, make sure you select the ‘Save’ option when prompted. Do not select ‘Run’ as this
may impact on the installation of the driver.

First Select your operating system > Then select your product > Click Download Driver button to start the download

have got current driver the link other is conflicking hardware with mouse

Kenab June 12, 2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptCrunch (Post 524024)
have got current driver the link other is conflicking hardware with mouse

What? I tried updating the drivers, it didn't help.

francisw19 June 13, 2011 08:08 AM

I purchased a R.A.T. 7 a while back and could never get the mouse software to install altogether. I know this doesn't help you much, but the point is it didn't leave me with the best impression of their software. I ended up taking the mouse back for a refund.

If you haven't yet, maybe try some of the older drivers. If the latest version of the software isn't working for you, you might have some luck with some of the previous versions. Otherwise, I don't think there is much you can do.

roh_ultima June 13, 2011 10:48 AM

he was asking if you were on 32 bit or 64 bit

just to make sure you have the right software

roh_ultima June 13, 2011 11:29 AM

just curious
when you do not install the drivers..does it work ?

Kenab June 13, 2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roh_ultima (Post 524162)
he was asking if you were on 32 bit or 64 bit

just to make sure you have the right software

64-bit as stated in my specs.

xksupra June 16, 2011 04:32 AM

i signed up to this forum just to reply to this thread. I have the exact same problem! I also have a rat5. has been working flawlessly for about 2.5months and just out of the blue now when i boot into windows i can only click but cant move the cursor. but once it starts moving again its fine until i restart my pc. im also windows 7 64bit the only way I found to get it working (not a solid method everytime but) is to plug another mouse in and use it for a bit and my rat5 will just randomly start working after a few minutes. so strange

Kenab June 16, 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xksupra (Post 525072)
i signed up to this forum just to reply to this thread. I have the exact same problem! I also have a rat5. has been working flawlessly for about 2.5months and just out of the blue now when i boot into windows i can only click but cant move the cursor. but once it starts moving again its fine until i restart my pc. im also windows 7 64bit the only way I found to get it working (not a solid method everytime but) is to plug another mouse in and use it for a bit and my rat5 will just randomly start working after a few minutes. so strange

wow. i have the exact same situation as you. what is going on!

spyda7 June 27, 2011 11:55 AM

rat5 usb also not working

same story worked perfect for a while now same issue, click and scroll work but no cursor.
tried loading new drivers - removed the usb controller drivers nothing works.:ph34r: