Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2011, 06:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Boot up slow down

I've noticed but never really bothered to ask or inquire about it until now why it seems my system (current and with past mobo) always seems to take longer to boot (including windows) when my system is overclocked compared to running stock.

Now i know most mobos will double boot in a sense (and i dont take that extra time into consideration), but I've noticed it always takes longer from second boot to windows then it does for stock system to boot into windows. I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens or why it may be happening to me as since I figure for gaming and daily tasks now a 3.0GHz i7 versus a 3.8Ghz i7 (940) wont really have any performance difference.

I have trim enabled (AHCI) as well as periodically run the Intel tool anyways and that for the most part still doesnt make the difference between boot times.
Old May 11, 2011, 06:29 AM
Banned
F@H

good point. ive seen that for years,never really bothered as long as its stable.

and to answer your question,not sure
Old May 11, 2011, 06:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Same but i just notice these things from time to time and they get on my nerve
Old May 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm interesting... I'll have to investigate this. Never personally noticed it, but I usually walk away when I boot up my PC (even though I have a SSD).
Old May 12, 2011, 04:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sometimes i do sometimes i don't. However whenever i switch a board or say want to try a new OC and it fails, i've noticed that stock boot will take less time on average (from second bios screen being showed) then a very stable OC