Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2011, 11:58 PM
Rookie

Default Internet/Misc Problems

VITALS: Win 7 64, AMD Black 955, 1000w PSU, Radeon 5850, 8 GBs of RAM, Wireless internet.

So, I have a USB 7" display. It runs through USB power, has 2 plugs. for the longest while, I had it plugged in through my secondary monitor's built-in USB hub. It was giving me some crap, not being recognized, etc, so I reinstalled drivers, and when that didn't help, I plugged it in directly through my box. Started working fine.

Then, my computer starts grabbing. Mostly noticeable through music. Then, the internet starts dropping. Not altogether, as windows will always show a connection, just lagging on games, skype calls dropping temporarily, etc(Not a network issue either). So, I check for new video drivers and find some new ones. I install them, and isntantly things get worse. My primary display will start glitching all over the place(Not my secondary, though). Then, I get BSODed(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT). I disable the USB display, reinstall the drivers, and the major glitching goes away, but the internet issue remains(However, it only happens when I'm on Skype).

Does anyone have any ideas about what component might be giving me crap here?
Old May 8, 2011, 12:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

You need to try and narrow it down a bit closer. Have activity monitor runnning when stuff starts to go south and see which component is actively failing on you. If you are not sure if it is the actual internet connection or the wireless device or the router, you can ping each device independently (i.e. ping 127.0.0.1 for the NIC, 192.168.0.1 for most routers, 192.168.100.1 if you are using a Shaw/Rogers modem).
Old May 9, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

your missing network hardware to know what G N protocol ?

and the path of internet, mite be wireless router giving issues