Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2011, 06:34 PM

My System Specs

Default On resume from Sleep - infinite bios tone

Title really says it all. A friend asked me to take a look at his Acer (AM5620-E1204A, if that matters) because it was behaving badly.

At first I thought it was the video card since it would blackout randomly but that seems to be rectified with a driver update since it has old vista drivers and now runs 7.

However, when the computer goes into sleep mode, and is resumed the mobo emits a constant and unending bios tone yet the computer functions prefectly fine.

Such a problem can be avoided by simply disabling sleep mode in the power settings but I'm curious as to what's going on. Thoughts?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Update BIOS ?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

First thing that comes to mind is that when it is coming out of sleep the cpu/system fan speed isnt being detected right. Is fan failure warning enabled in the bios for the cpu or system fans?

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton