Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2011, 06:34 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default On resume from Sleep - infinite bios tone

Title really says it all. A friend asked me to take a look at his Acer (AM5620-E1204A, if that matters) because it was behaving badly.

At first I thought it was the video card since it would blackout randomly but that seems to be rectified with a driver update since it has old vista drivers and now runs 7.

However, when the computer goes into sleep mode, and is resumed the mobo emits a constant and unending bios tone yet the computer functions prefectly fine.

Such a problem can be avoided by simply disabling sleep mode in the power settings but I'm curious as to what's going on. Thoughts?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Update BIOS ?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First thing that comes to mind is that when it is coming out of sleep the cpu/system fan speed isnt being detected right. Is fan failure warning enabled in the bios for the cpu or system fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton