Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default USB issues

So I have a two year old EVGA X58 Classified 760rev mobo. In the last year the USB functionality has gotten a bit worse. For one, I cannot charge my iPhone without it shutting off all USB devices (except the phone charging) and requiring a cold start to fix. Lately I've noticed certain devices not working at all, and even the case of one USB port being useless. Would this just be a case of the USB controller failing? I don't know of anything I could do to avoid this issue. I haven't been charging my phone on this pc for a while because of it. The mobo was purchased of a member here who has been MIA for a while so I don't know if PM'ing him for an RMA will be worth it, or if there is some way of verifying that the controller is on it's way out.

Any ideas for a work around?
Old April 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Buy a powered HUB.
Old April 13, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

use one with its own power
Old April 13, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H