Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2011, 10:56 PM
Rookie

Default Multiple Bluescreen Errors

Starting today whenever i start to play a game about 10+ minutes in ill get a blue screen with bio errors, none of them have been the same though. Ive googled around and its just to late at night for me to care anymore so i'm coming here .

In the morning i plan on doing a Memtest to see if its a memory problem, because there was one instance where i got a blue screen, turned the computer off, back on, and nothing would show, no bios or anything, the monitor wouldn't even recognize the pc was on. So i took the memory sticks out and put one of them in and started it up, which worked fine, so i put in two stick, started up fine, figured ill just throw all 4 in and should be fine. But it didnt, i had to go back to two sticks, start up, shut down, install three sticks, and start up then four.

I also found on google i should update my bios. I looked into the version i had, which was 1456, updated to 1902. This didn't help, i jumped into a Homefront online game to see and within 5min i got a blue screen again.

This has just been happening today. 90% of the time its when i'm playing a game (World of Warcraft, Crysis 2, Homefront). Its happened once while i was just on the internet not really doing anything. As i'm writing this and collecting information i have had no blue screen or any problems with the computer (i'm on it at the moment). Ive had this setup for over 6 months now without any problems like this appearing.

Any help on this would be great!

BIOS Errors I'm Getting
1: "dxgmms1.sys"

2: "Page fault in nonpaged area"

3: "irql_not_less_or_equal"

Computer Specs
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit PCI Express 2.1 x16
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AARS 640GB 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT-ECO 80+ 500W
Old March 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Update Adobie and java and windows. ?
Old March 28, 2011, 07:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I found a page that might help with the "dxgmms1.sys" BSOD dxgmms1.sys crash – Blue Screen Of Death see if the suggestions help with the problem

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

" irql_not_less_or_equal " BSOD

Another page (put into simple English) might help you IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - TweaksForGeeks

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Latest drivers for your graphics card, if so have you tried different versions. The HD6870 i have found has rather poor driver support from AMD in several of their major releases. Is said graphics card or the processor overclocked at all? Instability can cause crashes. The page fault error could either be in your ram, or potentially your hard drive (or the SATA controller). Try running memtest86 for the memory and the WD tool to verify those are both good.
Old March 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

What your current memory voltage? Some AMD boards don't give quite enough juice to 4Gb sticks.
Old March 28, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

too much overclock or not enough voltage is something easy to check on first. as Meta said, some AMD boards don't juice the RAM enough. check your RAM's voltage requirement then add 0.05v to that, and manually set that in the BIOS.
Old March 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
too much overclock or not enough voltage is something easy to check on first. as Meta said, some AMD boards don't juice the RAM enough. check your RAM's voltage requirement then add 0.05v to that, and manually set that in the BIOS.
I've sometimes gone as far as Adding a full 0.1v higher at times, just to ensure stability... But your YMMV for any given ram kit.
Old March 28, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'd suggest 0.1v too but every time I mention anything about overvolting here people rage at me... :P
Old March 28, 2011, 02:37 PM
Allstar

You might also want to try scanning your hard drive for bad sectors. This could be the cause of multiple different blue screen.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N