Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default strange "all closed ports" problem

my brother order the shaw internet at his new place since telus is not available...

anyway... he used my old sb5101 modem... and it was not working then he realized that there was no internet cable outside... so he bought and hook up the cable from street to his place... like 100 meter away... (yes the area is very huge)...

it was still not working... then he finally bought a signal booster from radioshack... Next Four-Way Professional Broadband Signal Amplifier | Video Amplifiers | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

it was working... but he cant open the ports... he tried everything... so i came and help him and his problem... i tried to explore the source...

i only connect sb5101 to computer... and it has still port problem... i realize it has some spwyares and other... so i spent on my 2 hours to clean up... because his computer is old... anyway it still not solved the problem... and then i tried the netbook... same problem... thats really weird...

i believe that signal booster is at the fault... because its just one direction signal... am i wrong? if not then what is the real problem? no way sb5101 is at the fault...

i did told him to call shaw cable guy to come and test the cable...

- btw i did disable peerblock, firewall and other... still "closed" port at some sites...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.