Default Restart Issue.

I just built a system with:

Athlon II X4 640
Asus M4A87TD Evo
G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB
WD Caviar Black 500GB
XFX Radeon HD 6850
Corsair 500W

I'm having a problem when I restart the system, it will go to Loading Windows screen and it restarts back to POST.

I'm not sure what's causing it, a lot of place say that problem occurs due to memory but we have already tried various configuration..we've done individual hardware diagnostic. Memtest, hard drive..

Any ideas?
Old March 23, 2011, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it might pass memtest but when booting into windows it might be vdrooping , recheck that the memory voltage and timings are set manually and not to auto. try uping the vdimm voltage by 1 or 2 notches, and see if that gets you into windows. Then if it does chech the voltages in windows to make sure they are the same as in the bios.

This happens to me on my 790, in the bios the voltage is stable but booting into windows it needs to have the voltage notched up and when booted in window the voltage is shown lower than in the bios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 23, 2011, 11:58 PM
Top Prospect

Also try booting from a live CD or even safe mode to rule out bad Windows install.