Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
be careful, 99% iso alcohol ( i think you refer that) will be sticky on pci stuff... and sometime it might dirty-look-like strain on pci too...
Yeah it dulls it, I'll use it on sinks, fan-grills ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 13, 2011, 04:28 PM
Banned
F@H

the vacuum can and will create lotsa static, so you better have the power cord attached, and one hand on the tube there.
dont get too close to the components.

also, did i read the screwdriver $$$ part right? drop by pops place, hell borrow ya one.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
the vacuum can and will create lotsa static, so you better have the power cord attached, and one hand on the tube there.
dont get too close to the components.

also, did i read the screwdriver $$$ part right? drop by pops place, hell borrow ya one.
I don't have a carpet in my apartment, so I don't need a vacuum cleaner, they did steal my Swifter WetJet....

I don't have family.

The screwdriver was really expensive, most likely stolen by a contracter, I bought it when I lived in Edmonton in 2007.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:37 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I don't have a carpet in my apartment, so I don't need a vacuum cleaner, they did steal my Swifter WetJet....

I don't have family.

The screwdriver was really expensive, most likely stolen by a contracter, I bought it when I lived in Edmonton in 2007.
no man, i meant drop by pops place as in me old mans place hell borrow ya a screwdriver lol.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:38 PM
Banned

My System Specs

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old March 13, 2011, 04:48 PM
MVP

Default i go to walmart

and buy several small natural bristle paint brushes. works for me.

rob123
Old March 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He's saying that his father would lend you a screwdriver, as his father lives in Toronto.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Drop by Dan's father place, he will lend you a screwdriver. That's what he's telling you.

Edit: 'ed...
Old March 13, 2011, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Once you open up the side panel of the case, just use a can of compressed air to get out what you can. Also, you can use a soft cloth to remove dust from fan blades (or tissues) as the compressed air won't. As for the stuff that still refuses to come out, try any of the suggestions above (q-tips, brushes, etc).

Really, you should be dusting out often enough to prevent it from getting 'caked-on,' which might mean as often as 6 months depending on things. I personally dust mine every month just because I want to keep it as dust free as possible. You really don't need to remove that much for dusting. The graphics card and the side panel should be enough...

Not a good idea to use it when there is too much dust as this can cause thermal damage if the dust negatively impacts the cooling performance.
Old March 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
Banned

My System Specs

How was I supposed to 'dust it out often', I had no access to my apartment from Friday, September 24, 2010 -- the day of the major fire at 200 Wellesley St. E. -- until Monday, January 17, 2011, and finally got the bags that they put almost all my stuff in in the bedroom cleared out and got a look at my computer where I found caked on dust. There were things stolen from my apartment as well, not just the screwdriver, they include: two boxes of baseball cards, Mass Effect 2 & Dragon Age: Origins (both collector's editions), WinXP Pro & WinVista (along with the DVD keys that were stuck to the side of my case), two digital cameras, my Swifter WetJet, and other stuff.