Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is very strange. this has my self curious as to what is going on, like others have suggested maybe update your vid drivers or even try other video drivers. I know when I had my 285gtx I had very little frame rate drops unless I was video trans coding in the back ground while playing, maybe check to see what is running in the back ground( I am only taking a wild guess here) and turning some things off.
Old March 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
That is very strange. this has my self curious as to what is going on, like others have suggested maybe update your vid drivers or even try other video drivers. I know when I had my 285gtx I had very little frame rate drops unless I was video trans coding in the back ground while playing, maybe check to see what is running in the back ground( I am only taking a wild guess here) and turning some things off.
Well, my video drivers are up to date unless there are some beta ones i could get. And there is nothing really running in the background that would cause anything like this.

Cause when I get the framerate drops, the cpu and gpu usage don't spike it actually goes lower on the gpu, which seems very strange. It does seem to only happen when I'm using both of my displays. I'm wondering if perhaps the 285 can't divide itself between the two displays well enough?
Old March 9, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

well, isolate a display for the time being, see if that does anything.
Old March 9, 2011, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
well, isolate a display for the time being, see if that does anything.
... How do you think I came to my conclusion?