Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2011, 05:06 PM
Rookie

Default Boot problem

I was reinstalling windows 7 (clean install) and after(I think) formating hdd pc stuck on colour screen with the logo and information like esc=boot manu, f1=setup, f10=system recovery
Nothing is working. Please help.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you made an effort accurately describing your issue you'd probably get help.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:29 PM
Rookie

It is exactly like I described. I left pc after pressing format. When i come back the screen with the logo was on and I can not get rid of it.Pc is not responding.
Old March 2, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaweko View Post
I was reinstalling windows 7 (clean install) and after(I think) formating hdd pc stuck on colour screen with the logo and information like esc=boot manu, f1=setup, f10=system recovery
If you installed windows and then formated the drive after you have wiped the windows install and are left with a blank drive. Reboot from your optical drive and reinstall windows.

If you didnt format after installing windows check and make sure your OS drive is set to the first boot device.
IE: Press Esc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 2, 2011, 07:16 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:

esc.

but go to bios(f1) and set cd first, hdd second, boot other devices on just in case and disable floppy, if present.
Old March 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It is exactly like I described. I left pc after pressing format. When i come back the screen with the logo was on and I can not get rid of it.Pc is not responding.
"the screen with the logo was on"

the screen?

what logo?

was on? It isn't now?

PC isn't responding when you do what? Hit it with a sledge hammer? Rub it tenderly?
Old March 3, 2011, 05:19 AM
Rookie

The screen with: hp invent logo intel pentium4 is displayed, and no matter what I do and what key I press there is no response.The screen is all the time on.I tried spotmau power suite but did not boot.Thanks for
trying to help. This happened during installation. Sorry for my english.
Old March 3, 2011, 08:35 AM
MVP
F@H

Can you give more information about your computer? And more detail about the steps you took to reinstall.

For example: you decided to re-install Windows because of a problem with the computer?

Are you using a Window's DVD to install? i.e. Windows 7 Home Premium

So you put that DVD in the computer and tried to re-install Windows? Then during the re-install process, you tried to format the drive and the system stopped/hung at the display screen?

And now when you boot the machine, it just displays the HP Logo?
Old March 3, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is it saying that your drive is not bootable?

If so, you need to enter the BIOS and tell it to boot from DVD drive to get any further.

I'm wondering if the DVD drive is unplugged? Or did he remove the 1st 100 meg partition that windows wants?
Old March 3, 2011, 12:04 PM
Rookie

I did not have problem with pc I just tried to install diferent language version (windows 7 ultimate).
I put DVD into computer press format option and when the process started I left the room. When I came back I saw the screen with hp logo and function like esc=boot menu........but nothing is working.I think the hard drive broke down.