Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2011, 04:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 SP1

Ok this is weird folks! Yesterday I have updated my windows 7 setup with the SP1 after ward, my computer simply refuses to start. It does boot the BIOS screen, I can hear the normal Beep, I see my hardware listed than I see the BIOS screen again than black screen with the flashing prompt and that's it. This is the first time I see something like this over many many many windows updated.

Old February 26, 2011, 04:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

check your boot devices or even you hard drive boot priority and see if your main drive got bumped
Old February 26, 2011, 05:17 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well finally, I got it fixed. I used the Windows 7 DvD and the repair fonction. Now everything seems to be working fine but still this is weird. I have never experienced something like this before.

Old February 26, 2011, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

M$ looking after pirates, gotta have orginale install disk and genuine key to get updates otherwise black screen
Old February 26, 2011, 06:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Sounds more like there was a Windows update for a device driver that made it screw up.
Old February 26, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
M$ looking after pirates, gotta have original install disk and genuine key to get updates otherwise black screen
I kind of doubt that seeing as I have put it on multiple machines at work that I had not even put in our key into yet. So it goes on fine without even having a key entered.

Old February 26, 2011, 10:11 AM
Banned
F@H

like i said before, wait a bit for the waves of 'omg its not working!!!' to come about

glad you got it going. how long did the repair take? usually i get bored and do a fresh install
Old February 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

it only took a few minutes, that was really quick BTW, I have the original genuine none OEM Key for my windows 7. So like someone said, must have been a driver issue or some such.