Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2011, 06:42 PM
Top Prospect

Default Boot problem i think !

When i press the power button sometimes the screen displays some bios info about the marvel controller and at the bottom it says press "space" to continue and after a sec the screen goes black and the computer starts without the windows logo and sometimes PC starts up without showing any thing !!!

what the heck is wrong with it
Core i5 2400
P8P67 pro
4GB Ram @1600 (stock)
Adata SSD 64GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB
and a moment ago i restarted the PC and it turned completely off and then after a sec turned back on and the screen was black and i was pressing delete repeatedly so i can go to the bios to check the Voltages and Clocks and it did even start windows or get into bios so i had to press the power button for 4 sec to turn off and then back on and now i am posting this topic. I really need help here
Old February 15, 2011, 07:37 PM
Banned
F@H

check your ram.

bestest and smartest thing to do is get it together+on+testing on thine table,mobo box etc. why? because of threads like this.
Old February 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
check your ram.

bestest and smartest thing to do is get it together+on+testing on thine table,mobo box etc. why? because of threads like this.
i am kinda new to this so how to you suggest i test it ???
it will not make a difference inside or outside all are the same i can see every thing even when the system is in the case
Old February 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
Top Prospect

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...1&d=1297824734

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...1&d=1297824734
Attached Images

Old February 15, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dan is saying if pulled from the case and setup on say the motherboard box you eliminate shorting as a cause, have you changed anything in the BIOS to cause this issue?
Was it POSTing fine before and now isnt?
Have you tried a CMOS reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the press space to continue you might have a disk inside you cd ( dvd) tray, and what might bwe happening is it sees the disk but cannot boot from it so it coninues into windows.
Old February 15, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
the press space to continue you might have a disk inside you cd ( dvd) tray, and what might bwe happening is it sees the disk but cannot boot from it so it coninues into windows.
Bamm bet you got it, completely missed that *facepalm. Now I feel foolish
In my defense I havnt used a optical drive in quite sometime.

Though that doesnt explain this:
Quote:
and a moment ago i restarted the PC and it turned completely off and then after a sec turned back on and the screen was black and i was pressing delete repeatedly so i can go to the bios to check the Voltages and Clocks and it did even start windows or get into bios so i had to press the power button for 4 sec to turn off and then back on and now i am posting this topic. I really need help here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Dan is saying if pulled from the case and setup on say the motherboard box you eliminate shorting as a cause, have you changed anything in the BIOS to cause this issue?
Was it POSTing fine before and now isnt?
Have you tried a CMOS reset?
yes i changed the XMP setting in the Ram and when i found the problem i entered the bios and selected "boot menu " and picked the SSD as my Primary boot drive that is all, at the beginning i did not pay much of an attention to it cause i thought this is how the system boots up with this board and all, but then i noticed the problem. how to reset the CMOS in this board it does not have a button and i can not remember whether i found it in the bios or not.

one question, if shorting is a problem and it is fixed when the system is outside, why would i need the case ?
i mean if the shorting problem exists with the system being inside the case what can i do about it ?
Old February 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Bamm bet you got it, completely missed that *facepalm. Now I feel foolish
In my defense I havnt used a optical drive in quite sometime.

Though that doesnt explain this:
yes there was a DVD in the optical drive but it was happening before i put it in.
i hat to say it but i think i will never build a PC again cause i hate problems like this i can deal with the software very easily with some assistance but the hardware is really getting on my nerve.
Old February 15, 2011, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

Update : i looked at the user guide and i found that the red LED i was talking about which exists on the top right of the board is a DRAM LED and i believe that it only lights up when there is something wrong with the ram, what i did in the bios was enabling XMP so the RAM can run on the stock speed 1600 MHZ so, should i use the memOK button (how to use it , while the system starts right after pressing the power button or before powering the system ?) or go to the bios and restore defaults or something like that ??? hopefully this ends the problem.