Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2011, 01:21 PM
Rookie

Default SSD dead?

So I have been using my new build for at least two weeks and everything has been fine until now. I left my PC on and it went into sleep mode and then when I came back to it, it restarted and no longer picks up my SSD drive (windows). I have a 2600K with Asus P8P67 Pro and moved my sata cables to the SATA 6Gb/s ports back when they first said to. I have a 800D case and use the hot bays so what I did was, I took out my SSD and HDD and changed places. My computer still picks up my HDD in either hotswap bay but does not pick up my SSD.

Now when I turn on my PC it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

So did I some how kill my SSD?

Thanks for any help
Old February 12, 2011, 01:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hmm can try installing the ssd directly to the sata 3 slot without the swap bay.
Old February 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
Rookie

I did what you said and I still have know luck, if it is dead do I need to go through NCIX or OCZ to try and get a replacement. The drive is about 30 days old.
Old February 12, 2011, 03:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

My guess is you would have to go through OCZ. I think ncix return policy is 30 days or less.
Old February 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just a bad controller would be my guess
Old February 13, 2011, 09:41 AM
Rookie

Ok, I need help. Yesterday everything I tried to do I could not get my ssd to work let alone even show up. Since I looked at my bill and it was less then 30 days I sent NCIX a RMA request. Today just for the hell of it I turned on my PC and it started up into windows like nothing was wrong, I didn't even have to enter my password (restored windows)

Now is this something that is going to continue to happen? is it even a SSD problem? or should I just get a new SSD if my request is excepted?

Thank you
Old February 13, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Check for loose connections might as well send it back now that you have the RMA request though and see what they say.