Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2011, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
asked that same Q but deaf ears best read the manual for witch hardware version of MB you got V1.0 or V1.1
I'm not sure what you're trying to show me here... I have V1.0 of the motherboard, but it is the revised "B3" version.

Edit: I see that you've edited the picture about the ATX power connector... I've tried using only "half" of it, no luck.

Last edited by HighEntropy; April 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:19 PM
Rookie

Unhappy No more gigabyte for me

Hello HighEntropy, I've just found your post through Google. I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you.

Here's my build:
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
Intel Core i7 2600K (also stock cooler)
2x4GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
Geforce 8800GS 384MB

The system kinda worked for 2 days. Sometimes during boot it whould reboot about 3 times on POST, and it would show me a message saying the bios was reset to default because of some unstable overclock and/or voltage values. Funny thing is, I never did any overclock. I actually tried reducing the multiplier from 34 to 32 and disabling the turbo feature to try to get some stability. No effect. Finally on saturday the motherboard just gave up and started behaving exactly as yours. It powers on for a second, the cooler spins, the green light comes on, and then it reboots. I've tried everything (switched RAM, PSU, tried booting without the 12v connector, etc) and so far no luck. Tomorrow I'm going to RMA it and probably switch to an Asus board.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Rookie

Wow we have the same problem! Let's be pals :)

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair CX500 PSU
1x 4GB RAM (Corsair DDR3 1600MHz)
Radeon HD 6870

Like kaleph, my build has been running comfortably for about 10 days. Yesterday I restarted it and it hanged at the POST screen, eventually complaining about being unable to detect an operating system. Hanging / rebooting multiple times at POST was pretty normal for this motherboard (I was meaning to update my BIOS at some point), so I kind of frowned at it, powered off and tried again. From there on, it did the exact reboot loop described here, with all the fans spinning and then stopping.

There is a green light on the motherboard - labelled ‘Phase LED 1’ (apparently distinct from ‘0001’) that turns on and then turns off with the rest of the system. I haven't found any other source of feedback (and Gigabyte's documentation on this is nonexistent), but perhaps it means something.

I haven't touched the CPU yet, since there isn't really much I can do with it…

Does anyone have any news about this?

Last edited by Picklesworth; May 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old May 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

intel has recalled your chipset P67 so its RMA time for both of you

Id Intel® your chipset.pdf

info for RMA
WarrantyMotherboard: Please contact the location where the original order was placed. shop that sold you
Warranty TermsMotherboard: Please contact the location where the original order was placed. retailer that sold you
Service CenterMotherboard:
GIGABYTE USA Branch
Address: 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
TEL: 1-626-8549338

Local RMA Website (Customer Care): http://rma.gigabyte.us

Last edited by KaptCrunch; May 21, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 03:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
intel has recalled your chipset P67 so its RMA time for both of you

Id Intel® your chipset.pdf

info for RMA
WarrantyMotherboard: Please contact the location where the original order was placed. shop that sold you
Warranty TermsMotherboard: Please contact the location where the original order was placed. retailer that sold you
Service CenterMotherboard:
GIGABYTE USA Branch
Address: 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
TEL: 1-626-8549338

Local RMA Website (Customer Care): http://rma.gigabyte.us

These boards actually have the B3 stepping, which (if I understand correctly) are the ones that have been fixed. However, now you mention that, my esata port is wired to my internal SATA2_3 port with the internal HD wired to SATA3_0. (And I don't rembember if I touched anything in the BIOS for that, having never used the esata port so far). Perhaps that might have set it off?
Old May 21, 2011, 09:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

It's a shame I got to this thread so late.

I'd be willing to bet on the RAM being the issue--especially considering that seems to be the only part of the equation not yet removed.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old May 22, 2011, 03:18 AM
Rookie

I doubt it is the RAM. I did RMA the Gigabyte board (the store tested it and confirmed it fubar) and switched to an Asus P8H67-M Evo and everything is working beautifully. I didn't change anything but the motherboard. I'm going to build another core i7 machine for a friend and this time I'm going to stay away from this generation of Gigabyte boards...
Old May 30, 2011, 04:34 PM
Rookie

Okay, I got my replacement motherboard and it works :)
Same product. Maybe a different hardware revision (1.1), though I never really noted the revision number on my old motherboard. I only replaced that; everything else is as it is. It seems to emit a POST beep now, which my last one didn't. I could be imagining that, too.
Old September 5, 2011, 04:53 PM
Rookie

For any Googlers out there stumbling upon this thread...

It turns out, the CPU was bad. I'm not certain if it was an error on my fault, or if it was dead on arrival. I ended up being able to get it replaced. I'm posting from said machine now.

Thanks to anyone who helped.