Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2011, 02:49 PM
Rookie

OMG Well I'm officially embarrased but it's fixed now and this was the issue. He had trouble findign drivers as well and some didn't want to install or when they did we'd get a black screen on reboot. He checked all the hardware and everything looked good as well, he then suggested to reformat again and somethign strange happened... my computer jsut didn't want to (AI..?) so he was going to bring my tower to his house when he noticed I had 2 video cords from my monitor into my video card. He explained that the extra port was only for an extra monitor and when he disconnected it and rebooted; it all worked fine and still is wokring fine :D

It is strange however that when we tried reinstalling windows that my computer refused to but it works for now and that makes me happy. Fallout 3 New Vegas here I come.

Thank you guys for all your suggestions and I've proved once and for all that if they make something idiot proof than they'll just make a better idiot lol
Old February 3, 2011, 03:01 PM
Banned
F@H

good to know you got it going..hehe

hats off to perineum, his pin/cable theory proved closest!
Old February 3, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

actually that "mistake" is more common then you think, considering most monitors come with multiple connections these days.
I've seen it happen a few times.

it's not really idiot proof at all, hah.

glad you figured it out.
Old February 3, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had a simular issuse when I rebooted all of my detop items and explorer ,task bar everything was gone I was about to reformat when I looked at my deskto settings and discovered that they swaped from my TV ( which was plugged in via svideo) and my pc's monitor. that took me hours to figure out . hehe
Old February 3, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Glad everything got sorted out. I felt compelled to post something as not a single one of our seemingly well behaved troop pointed it out.

That said, stop by any time
Old February 3, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ummm... lies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
prove you're a girl first!

Old February 4, 2011, 02:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Glad everything got sorted out. I felt compelled to post something as not a single one of our seemingly well behaved troop pointed it out.

He used that line on my mom.

... it worked.
Old February 4, 2011, 06:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post

Not true FiXT, you and many other forum members here have already spoken to my wife

And then, well there is Perinum's mom...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com