Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2011, 06:31 PM
Banned
F@H

hmmmmmmmm

if you fear your components are shot, then dont try them in anything but maybe at a retail store like i said before

for them if they have to rma its a 'normal' thing..

so dont buy anything till you know what is bad.
Old January 30, 2011, 08:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
hmmmmmmmm

if you fear your components are shot, then dont try them in anything but maybe at a retail store like i said before

for them if they have to rma its a 'normal' thing..

so dont buy anything till you know what is bad.
im just frustrated, all i did was replace the graphics card worked for a day, changed some ram settings and put the pci-express slot to fast from auto because the video card was getting bad performance. Now the freezing after the "post" beep than the looping.
Old January 30, 2011, 08:40 PM
Banned
F@H

i hear you. maybe let it be for another day then see.

not worth pulling what little hair you may or may not have left :)

check this out. i got two rigs here, brand new parts,good ones at that,and no boot. do i go caveman on them?

nope, because its my mistake not to test for at least boot on the mobo box. probably ram...:)
Old January 30, 2011, 10:37 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i hear you. maybe let it be for another day then see.

not worth pulling what little hair you may or may not have left :)

check this out. i got two rigs here, brand new parts,good ones at that,and no boot. do i go caveman on them?

nope, because its my mistake not to test for at least boot on the mobo box. probably ram...:)
yeah and its hard to decide to spend money on a board thats 2 generation old, but i dont have money to upgrade fully. Whats your experience with gigabyte rma? in the meantime im going to see if i can pickup a 775 celeron for testing...I had one but threw it out :(.
Old January 30, 2011, 11:18 PM
Banned
F@H

experience, well, the little that i had to rma from them was a long time ago, i think martin said

something about sending to the states and turn around time bout 2-3 weeks? ill pm him with

this thread

yeah, if you can borrow a cpu go for it else i wouldnt bother. but seriously, cant you find a palce that will test

them parts for you for free/cheap?
Old January 31, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok I'm here no more fear ;) Well, gigabytes have typical RMA. You send in take 2-4 week and the mobo is back. If you use xpress shipping it will just be faster. That's a bit sad that they have no RMA facility in canada. You can always ask them in the support ticket including shipping what is their estimated turn around time. For the experience, it's like any big place. Many RMA have been fast and perfect, other have been pain but overall I would say they are decent.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||