Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I just checked the download. Typical drivers update folder. Use 7-zip to unpack the folder, and use Device Manager to update the NIC drivers (point to the folder manually). W7 should find the proper (and latest) drivers in that folder.

On the hardware front, why don't you test your ram using Memtest for Windows. MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows This will find out if your ram is giving you the BSODs. Start a few with a maximum of 1000Mb each. Watch the last one, making sure you don;t test more ram that what is actually available.

edit: more comments. I read your list over at the ROG forums, and the BSODs may be related to a dying HDD, or a dead SATA port. Start by changing SATA ports for your main HDD. Then use an application to test your HDD (all HDD manufacturers have software to validate the HDD health).

Last edited by 3.0charlie; January 23, 2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old January 24, 2011, 01:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I just checked the download. Typical drivers update folder. Use 7-zip to unpack the folder, and use Device Manager to update the NIC drivers (point to the folder manually). W7 should find the proper (and latest) drivers in that folder.
Thanks. Did try that. It said I already had the most up to date driver. So I will unistall them again and try doing it this way.

Quote:
On the hardware front, why don't you test your ram using Memtest for Windows. MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows This will find out if your ram is giving you the BSODs. Start a few with a maximum of 1000Mb each. Watch the last one, making sure you don;t test more ram that what is actually available.
The guy who built it said he tested the RAM. Others have said everything from...AMD doesn't like 4 sticks, try 2...bring it down to 1333 in the bios. I've tried the latter and it didn't help.

Quote:
edit: more comments. I read your list over at the ROG forums, and the BSODs may be related to a dying HDD, or a dead SATA port. Start by changing SATA ports for your main HDD. Then use an application to test your HDD (all HDD manufacturers have software to validate the HDD health).
True. I can look for some software to check them. I would think the drives were also checked by the builder though.
Old January 25, 2011, 06:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Uninstalled the Intel drivers (11.7.32.0), restarted, went in to Device Manager and used the "update driver" function to find the HHC driver folder I got from his post at the ASUS support forums.
They loaded fine, and I checked the driver version number and it gave the correct version number of 11.7.32.1003.

Loaded up a couple of Word document with lots of hyperlinks and started opening web pages from there.
Started up Winamp and began streaming audio.
Started up Photoshop and loaded up some 50MB images and made two duplicates...then opened up several more large images.
Went to IE and opened up about 8 YouTube videos.
Went to the TED web page and opened a video.
Went to Facebook and started up some videos from within Facebook.

With all of this going on at once, no bsod.
As was said by a few others at the ASUS support forum...this had worked for them.
Others said the 11.7.32.0 driver worked for them.
And others said buying a new network card worked for them.

I hope this really is the stability resolution i've been looking for. I will test it some more. Anyone know any free software that will push the system?

Once again...here's the thread, and ftp link to those 11.7.32.1003 drivers for crosshair IV boards with lots of bsod's with: "e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x18E60) / Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x68, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF880042E3E60) / Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL / file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1q62x64.sys / product: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter"

Sue me for slander...but given Intel's track record with AMD, am I the only one that thinks having "Intel Inside" an AMD/ASUS board is a stupid idea?
Old January 25, 2011, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just did another test.
For over 30 minutes, 4 "1 hour" long YouTube videos were running simultaneously without any problems.
Previous complaints about the Intel Network issue were streaming video and/or large downloads.
I will be downloading a few gigabytes for game purchases soon, that will test that even more.
Old January 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Another test...and fun last night. I played a game (Burnout Paradise Ult) for about 3 hours last night. I went online periodically to play with others. And I was streaming Internet audio with Winamp in the background. There was a two second pause from the streaming audio when a request within the game went out to join with others...but that was it. No bsod. I think i'm good with this specific version.

...but I also think I forgot to crank the ram back up to 1600. Will check tonight when "the man" let's me go home.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:23 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1961 View Post
Just did another test.
For over 30 minutes, 4 "1 hour" long YouTube videos were running simultaneously without any problems.
Previous complaints about the Intel Network issue were streaming video and/or large downloads.
I will be downloading a few gigabytes for game purchases soon, that will test that even more.

Go to justin.tv and have that streaming in the background and see if that BSOD your comp.
-Swiffy MCP35x X2, (2) Aphacool UT60 480 rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ult 64-bit

HTPC Rig:
-G3258 @ Stock, Asrock Z97 Pro 4, Gigabyte 270x, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Corsair HX620 PS, Win 7 Ult 64-bit
Old January 26, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to Hear

so problem solved
Old January 26, 2011, 08:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Put the RAM back up to 1600 and ran a test.
  • Opened several tabs with Google Chrome.
  • Had 3 videos from justin.tv running.
  • Had an hour-long video from YouTube running.
  • Had a weather web page open with satellite imagery animating.
  • Had Winamp streaming Internet audio.
  • Had Word open with two small documents.
  • Had Illustrator, Premier, Adobe Bridge, and Photoshop open.
  • Photoshop had several 20MB+ images open.
  • Some images had not yet been saved.
  • One image had 10 new layers.
  • Took a screenshot and use the radial blur filter.
  • Had the Turbo Unlocker on.
  • Opened up AI Suite II and showed the realtime CPU frequency.

Did this for about 10 minutes without any bsod's.

Here's two screenshots. [1], [2]

Closed everything except one Chrome window, Winamp, and had the screenshots open in Photoshop to save as a different file type.
Computer froze. Waited about 2 minutes. Audio stopped soon after. Hit reset.

Checked Event Viewer when I got back in and saw two things that may be related. But i'm assuming this issue is unrelated to the Intel issue.

Event 1 (there's many repetitions of this over the past few weeks)
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Designer 8.2\FormDesigner.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.window s.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16661_none_fa62 ad231704eab7.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows. common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16661_none_420f e3fa2b8113bd.manifest.
Event 2 (this one if fairly common as well...
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Tosrfcom
I can't say i'm very discouraged by this. I think the main bsod issue is resolved. Not sure whether I should worry about 30 or so bsod's in the past two weeks possibly screwing up the os.

I installed the razor keyboard drivers prior to all this. And I see there's new CCC drivers out today. I will install that tomorrow.

Ah well...for another day. I'm beat. The computer wins again. lol
Old April 21, 2011, 04:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for Posting this !!!!!!

Just built my new system 4 days ago and I've had 3 BSOD's due to that exact same issue ( I am heading out now ... but i"ll post back after I get a chance to change drivers )
Old April 21, 2011, 09:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Last I checked...the appropriate driver had been moved from the forums to the main Asus driver page.
So just try the latest Intel driver from the Asus page first...before going digging through their forums.

I see at their driver page it says:
LAN (1)
Beta Version 11.7.32.1003
Description Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V11.7.32.1003 for 32/64bit Windows XP & Windows Vista & Windows 7.
File Size
3,91 (MBytes) 2010.11.10 update

...so it is there under the Crosshair IV Extreme board.

Tags
11.7.32.0 , bsod , crosshair , e1q62x64.sys , intel 82583v