Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2011, 03:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default HA HA HA! Mini-me is ALIVE!

HA HA HA! Mini-me is ALIVE! Ok I feel like of silly for missing a power plug but it is working now.

I shot a quick photo. The yellow sticky pad is 3" x 3" to give you a size reference. The case is about 12" x 9" x 6.5"

Thank you HARDWARE CANUCKS! You Rock!
Attached Images

Old January 23, 2011, 03:31 PM
Banned
F@H

purrfect. couple of links for you

HardwareCanucks F@H Team - Hardware Canucks

and

Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application
Old December 5, 2011, 11:50 PM
Trial Member

Default THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Been stumped for the past hour with the same problem...

I'm an uneducated noob building my first system with barebones kit including a Gigabyte H61M-S2-B3 MB. Never done anything more than install ram and a wireless card prior to this...

CPU fan spun for 1 sec and power led flashed on then off. I only had the 24pin power cable connected, assuming that would work since there was not a 4pin cable. Turns out the power supply had 2 4pins stuck together (looked like an 8pin). I didn't think to try sliding them apart until I read this post.

I am up an running now venturing into the world of Linux for the first time ... Thanks a million!
Old December 6, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfpnk0 View Post
Been stumped for the past hour with the same problem...

I'm an uneducated noob building my first system with barebones kit including a Gigabyte H61M-S2-B3 MB. Never done anything more than install ram and a wireless card prior to this...

CPU fan spun for 1 sec and power led flashed on then off. I only had the 24pin power cable connected, assuming that would work since there was not a 4pin cable. Turns out the power supply had 2 4pins stuck together (looked like an 8pin). I didn't think to try sliding them apart until I read this post.

I am up an running now venturing into the world of Linux for the first time ... Thanks a million!
Whoa, Linux to boot. Have fun!

Old December 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
Rookie

bonanza2000, as you mentioned previously on your older system you only had to connect the 24-pin power connector and it would power up normally. Newer systems today tend to need the extra 4-pin connector as power requirements are steadily increasing. Glad you got everything working!